Spoke with Bill at Swift Bullets yesterday

@Mark R
My son has three jobs and does university full time. One job he even had others wanting to employ him but he didn't have the time. He even manages to find time for his girlfriend. Six days work and university and one for his girlfriend.
When he finishes University he wants to have $150,000 in his bank for a house deposit.
Top that off he is only 19.
He can't understand why people haven't got a job as people just wanted to throw jobs at him.
Then again he does have a brilliant work ethic.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen , you raised your son well.There is still hope.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen , you raised your son well.There is still hope.
@cajunchefray
His mum was a big pert of it to
He even has spreadsheets for saving, expenses and spending money so he knows how much to put away each week to pay for car rego,fuel, servicing etc. has his board set up as a direct debit into an account.
He is one squared away 19 year old that we are proud of.
Bob

I do not know Mr. Swift personally nor do I know how he runs his business, so I will refrain from commenting on it.

With regard to work ethic, I believe you get it from your family and your community. I grew up in a home where both of my parents worked 60+ hour weeks and a community where being the best at what you did, whatever that may be, was a reflection of your character and your family.

We need to find a way to lift up families and communities that foster a sense of pride in work. I fear that social media is going to turn “community” into whatever online groups or apps you use.

Last edited:
When I was 14, I complained to my Dad that we never spent time together and I needed more. I knew, however he explained anyway that he had two jobs - 40 hours a week and 2.5 hours Monday-Thursday plus 10 house every Saturday. He told me he understood my needs but didn’t know what to do. On the very next Saturday he came home and stated “I solved our problem!!” I asked if he quit his job and he replied “No, I got you one.” At 14 I carried stakes, ran to get supplies out of the truck and held back bushes so the survey crew I worked with could function better. The guys were Christian vets, all from Korea except my Dad who was a navigator on a B29. Social programs were virtually nonexistent and if you wanted to feed your family you worked. These were some of the absolute finest men I ever met and they treated me as an equal, demanding, without verbalizing, the best effort I had and making work fun, even when surveying mosquito infested swamps in the summer. They thought me that your WORK is one measure of a man and is what you must do to get what you want. My first marriage kids were girls and the learned to work at home with a long list of chores, which supported their love of horses, which added a whole list of additional chores. I an proud of my girls who became breeders if champion Dutch Warmbloods and managing directors of international investment corporations. My employees, over a period of 40 years were all told at the time of initial interview that their job was: 1. Make my job easier and: 2. Help everyone in the office to make my job easier - because there was no way in hell I was going to pay someone to make my job harder. Additionally, I always paid more than market and expected more effort than normal. I can honestly say, that in 50+ years with a full time staff averaging around 20 and a seasonal staff of 4-8, I had very few bad eggs and only a few fires. Todays emphasis on individual feelings supported by outrageously generous safety nets is ruining not only this country but also ruining untold numbers of individuals. I fear this trend will not reverse itself because no current politician has the balls to vote these policies out if existence.

I'm an aerospace engineer. Just got a Colt Walker. I love guns. Building a .458 Lott Enfield right now. Having a custom reamer made for it. Sounds like I need to open a bullet making company. I've read all the theory. It's not difficult. Could I sell enough big bores to you guys to make a living?

I would suggest getting a lifetime supply of whatever you want to use if it involves firearms and ammunition…. No matter what company you choose it will be hard to get in the future. Buy early buy often!

I'm an aerospace engineer. Just got a Colt Walker. I love guns. Building a .458 Lott Enfield right now. Having a custom reamer made for it. Sounds like I need to open a bullet making company. I've read all the theory. It's not difficult. Could I sell enough big bores to you guys to make a living?
I would think not, if the market said you could others would have done it.

Now, if you can make powder or primers. Your market would open exponentially. It is obviously not easy or others would have done it by now.

Looking at loaded rounds I'd say that bullet manufacturers make most of their money on 30 caliber and smaller

I would suggest getting a lifetime supply of whatever you want to use if it involves firearms and ammunition…. No matter what company you choose it will be hard to get in the future. Buy early buy often!
@Quest#1
That's why I have no problems with primers, powder and projectiles as well as 22 rimfire ammo and shotshells.
Bob

In any case, if Swift is having troubles gettin' it done, then I guess I'd better start thinking about coming up with Plan B...
My Plan B is Hammer. Just ordered some for my 9.3 and 308.

Heads up guys CEB is having a 416 sale on for today only

because of problems over the last few years I have started using Hammer Bullets for the last 2 years. always in stock and accurate and always work for me
The only other bullet mfg I can *always* find bullets from is Hornady.

I've got loads worked up for Nosler, Swift, Lapua, and Woodleigh for my rifles. There's just none of that stuff out there, at least not when i'm looking.

Yup. Offer better packages than other companies in your area, and you’ll never be short manpower. Isn’t that what the free market is all about?
And when you go too far with that you have to charge too much for your product. People don't buy, and you go out of business. No jobs and no bullets.

And when you go too far with that you have to charge too much for your product. People don't buy, and you go out of business. No jobs and no bullets.
Well they’re obviously not able to fulfill what the market is asking for, so something needs to change. Move to a larger labour pool perhaps

Sounds like there is a business opportunity to purchase Swift Bullets and move them to a location near you to supply African Hunting members bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OVSCharles

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double