SOUTH AFRICA: Limcroma Safaris South Africa 3-10 May

Thank you both for your service!!!

However just to set the record straight it is The Army Air Corps version 2.

Yea that is coming from a career army guy.

Buy you guys a beer at DSC or SCi next year.
Sounds good buddy. Not sure which one I will be going to, but plan to try to attend one or the other.

LOL....I am sure there has been! I was all about swimming the river myself. My mind changed quickly though. I will eventually catch up with a bushbuck. Next hunt I am gonna go later in the year and hopefully some foliage will be gone.

It was my first safari and I didn't know what I was looking at on the waterbuck. I just knew he was big. I thought man I will come back and get another one. Heck it was the first waterbuck I had ever saw lol. Knowing what I know now, it definitely haunts me. Shooting one did help some though lol. Mine wasn't 32in but I was sure happy with him.

This one is 30", imagine 2 more inches

IMG_1773 copia.JPG

Everything is going to be shouldered mounted. I have a room at the house that soul purpose is a trophy room. Only problem is, its slowly creeping up on getting full. May have to take over some of the livign room as well.

All my mounts for African game are done by Ty's Taxidermy in Vidor, Texas. Ty and his team do a fantastic job!
Great report, thanks for sharing! Always enjoy the reports, it seems more so now that I’ve finally been. It helps takes you back there in your mind.

I decided to get my taxidermy done there as I believe it’s cheaper that way all in - per a friend who’d compared in the past - but I’m in Houston and Vidor isn’t far so I may check those guys out for future. I went with Lauritsen’s taxidermy that Game 4 Africa recommended in Grahamstown and saw their operation, it is impressive! Their work is beautiful. I’m heading back next year to Limpopo so may have a decision to make.

Great report, thanks for sharing! Always enjoy the reports, it seems more so now that I’ve finally been. It helps takes you back there in your mind.

I decided to get my taxidermy done there as I believe it’s cheaper that way all in - per a friend who’d compared in the past - but I’m in Houston and Vidor isn’t far so I may check those guys out for future. I went with Lauritsen’s taxidermy that Game 4 Africa recommended in Grahamstown and saw their operation, it is impressive! Their work is beautiful. I’m heading back next year to Limpopo so may have a decision to make.
I would have to disagree with it being cheaper there all in as I have seen the final prices buddies have paid and its been more overall than what I have spent. Regardless, I would definitely look into Ty's if I were you. I drive 4 hours one way to get stuff done there.

I would have to disagree with it being cheaper there all in as I have seen the final prices buddies have paid and its been more overall than what I have spent. Regardless, I would definitely look into Ty's if I were you. I drive 4 hours one way to get stuff done there.
I’ll DM you so we can discuss details offline. I’d like to do a comparison myself. Because at a high level, shipping isn’t hugely different but it will be more with mounts. On the flip side, lower cost labor and the rand exchange rate make it seem likely the biggest ticket item - the taxidermy work - would be somewhat cheaper. As said, I’ll DM and we can compare prices if you don’t mind.

I’m committed on this last trip’s animals to Lauritsen’s but next year could do something different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaitlynJac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt