SOUTH AFRICA: Kuche Safaris

You have made more negative posts about them than anyone yet you have never been there.

My hunt report about them on another site has 11000 views and no negative comments.

I’ll stop telling the truth when you stop the lies.

You have made more negative posts about them than anyone yet you have never been there.

My hunt report about them on another site has 11000 views and no negative comments.

This is a discussion thread not a hunt report. No one makes negative comments on hunt reports here either. You however just don’t want to consider your experience could have been different.

How are individuals negative experiences lies? How are known game farms who openly do business with Kuche lies? How are openly known shady business practices lies?

If you went on to start a hunt report about your experience, you would likely see zero negative feedback. But seeing how you wanted to puff your chest out to show you’re such an experienced hunter while defending this organization, be ready for a lot of crap to follow. Remember, it flows downhill.

When I answer your unfounded criticisms, you consider it puffery, critical thinking is not your forte.

You want to go on a rant against people that are now my friends and you attack any opposing viewpoints.

Free speech for you as long as the other side is silent.

Ducks Unlimited has sent a lot of hunters to Kuche. The satisfaction rate is very high and Ducks Unlimited is grateful for the support.

If it were honestly a problem, DU would not have continued years of involvement.

The negative reports are the outliers and the voices of those who have never been there…

One wonders at their motivation.

The Golden Corral analogy was beyond perfect. Just because you can get coupons at your local Walmart to eat there does not mean it will hold much value among others looking to dine.

I think anyone that hunted with Kuche has a right to express their experience, good or bad. However, regardless of your experience, the Golden Corral analogy is hilarious!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Safe hunting and best wishes to all for a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.

And you are doing the same when you boast about how amazing your experience was when clearly many in this thread have not had the same treatment or experience with the same outfit. It has been proven in this thread Kuche has a questionable business model and has made many unhappy customers through poor service or lack there of. If someone is speaking about the negative experience they had with an outfit and I have hunted with said outfit also, the last thing I’m going to do is slather the thread with trophy pictures, jumping through hoops to try and discredit their experience.
My man If you service 100’s of hunters a year you will have some dissatisfied people. Thats a fact.

Also there have been many on this thread post very positive experiences with no question of the business model. It has been proven is a bit of a stretch? Especially from someone that has never been there. I would probably leave the proven nature rest with those that have been there, both good and bad. Without having been there, you can prove nothing.

This is a discussion thread not a hunt report. No one makes negative comments on hunt reports here either. You however just don’t want to consider your experience could have been different.
My man, pot calling kettle black?

My man If you service 100’s of hunters a year you will have some dissatisfied people. Thats a fact.

Also there have been many on this thread post very positive experiences with no question of the business model.
Thank you for proving my point. Servicing 100s of hunters a year without the staff, property, or animals to support that type of work load will produce dissatisfied customers. That is a fact, and a poor business model.

Thank you for proving my point. Servicing 100s of hunters a year without the staff, property, or animals to support that type of work load will produce dissatisfied customers. That is a fact, and a poor business model.
Again. I say they service all those things very well. Based on personal experience there. Which would be more fact, you saying it or me experiencing it?

The attacking nature of Kuche is odd. People saying it’s not for them, I see that totally. Vitriol and “facts” by non experienced people is just weird.

My next booked hunt is with a small outfit where I will be only hunter. I’m so excited to experience it. I know there will be things I will like better.

That doesn’t change the fact I had a great experience with Kuche, and it was a perfect first African hunt with my friends that would have never done a remote tent camp hunt in wild Africa.

Why can’t both situations be true?

When I answer your unfounded criticisms, you consider it puffery, critical thinking is not your forte.

You want to go on a rant against people that are now my friends and you attack any opposing viewpoints.

Free speech for you as long as the other side is silent.

Ducks Unlimited has sent a lot of hunters to Kuche. The satisfaction rate is very high and Ducks Unlimited is grateful for the support.

If it were honestly a problem, DU would not have continued years of involvement.

The negative reports are the outliers and the voices of those who have never been there…

One wonders at their motivation.

Ok we will agree to disagree.

I have been on some pretty high end hunts in Utah, British Columbia, Alberta and Arizona as well as many other places.

But my favorite hunt was the one from this August with Kuche. Lots of people that I know feel the same way about them.
@Ruraldoc I've been on some great guided hunts, and after my first hunt in Africa I thought it was the the greatest. Now looking back, while I immensely enjoyed the trip, I realize it wasn't my greatest hunt (even excluding later African Safaris in 3 different countries).

I thought it was the greatest because it was Africa. Because of the amount and diversity of game seen. I'm not saying it was a bad trip because I loved my first safari, but looking back I realized I was blinded/biased by Africa. It wouldn't have mattered where I hunted, or with who; I would've thought it was the greatest because of the alure and mystique of Africa.

What I do know for certainty, is it made me fall in love with Africa, it made me appreciate all we have, and now I find myself thinking about the next adventure. That's my favorite hunt. With that said, I encourage you to think warmly on your first hunt in Africa because we each only get 1 first hunt, first animal but open yourself up to other outfitters, other countries, other PH's. Explore the continent, the culture, and different hunting methods. Even if you hunt the same area of RSA again, try it with a different PH or Outfitter, you'll learn something new and see each have different ways and styles of hunting.

@Ruraldoc I've been on some great guided hunts, and after my first hunt in Africa I thought it was the the greatest. Now looking back, while I immensely enjoyed the trip, I realize it wasn't my greatest hunt (even excluding later African Safaris in 3 different countries).

I thought it was the greatest because it was Africa. Because of the amount and diversity of game seen. I'm not saying it was a bad trip because I loved my first safari, but looking back I realized I was blinded/biased by Africa. It wouldn't have mattered where I hunted, or with who; I would've thought it was the greatest because of the alure and mystique of Africa.

What I do know for certainty, is it made me fall in love with Africa, it made me appreciate all we have, and now I find myself thinking about the next adventure. That's my favorite hunt. With that said, I encourage you to think warmly on your first hunt in Africa because we each only get 1 first hunt, first animal but open yourself up to other outfitters, other countries, other PH's. Explore the continent, the culture, and different hunting methods. Even if you hunt the same area of RSA again, try it with a different PH or Outfitter, you'll learn something new and see each have different ways and styles of hunting.
Man that’s a good post. Thanks b

I know it was a great place for me. They have a lot of repeat clients, I do know that.

I’m sure I will go back but I will also go to other places and countries.

But the experience that I had did make me love Africa, I will always be grateful to Koos and his family for that.

Of all the outfitters, guides, farms and hunters in Africa, what is it about the Kuche operation that is so polarizing? The fervor displayed by some of the defenders of Kuche is out of place. This level of intensity was also on display in a previous thread regarding the Kuche experience.

For the record, I've been to Kuche one time this past June as an observer accompanying 3 hunters.
The area described here is in Limpopo, quite close to the Limpopo River and Botswana.

I've previously detailed my experiences at the Kuche lodge however I did not discuss the hunting aspect of the trip. This was not my first time in Africa however it was my first visit to the Limpopo area.
Regarding the actual hunting I must say that both of the PH's we hunted with were competent and professional, and I would be happy to hunt with either Marco or Tjaart anywhere else in Africa.

The actual on the ground, rifle in hand, hunting ranged from the sublime to the absurd...

The hunting of the 3 included animals that a client has "won" at a fundraiser auction, or in our case the "Free Safari" when you buy a rifle takes place the first morning of your safari. As you leave the gate you'll enter what is kindly called a fenced hunting area, others might see it as a P*****g Zoo. This allows the collection of the "free animals" in a timely and efficient manner. Once the package animals are collected, it's time to move on to elected species.

My companions all collected additional animals and the hunting for most was uneventful.
Waterbuck hunting was the exception however.
We traveled to a somewhat run down, neglected farm whose northern boundary was the Limpopo River itself. Our hunt started at the western end of the farm boundary and we walked the length of the farm along the river. At first I was curious why the PH was glassing across the river into Botswana.....
It became apparent very quickly, that's where the waterbuck are! Genuine trophies...
There's a story involving wading a river with real croc's in it but it ends well.
Sublime to absurd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
68ok9

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!