SOUTH AFRICA: Kuche Safaris

I have been on more than 20 guided hunts in 20 states and provinces of three countries.

Kuche was the best of them all. Hands down.
There is no way this operation is the best of them all. You must have been with some low end outfitters to put this at the top of your list.

I strongly disagree with JBall, I have hunted with Koos and Cobus at Kuchi Safari 3 times and have rebooked for 2025 and 2026. They run a great business and have been very fare and professional to me. My trophy game harvested have been fantastic and of great size and quality. To that point Cobus (PH) has refused to let me shoot many animals that he considered non trophy quality. He told me on many occasions that he would rather have you return than send you home with a lower quality animal. My son and I were rewarded for Cobus restraint often later in the hunts with better trophys.
Great staff, food, lodge (Limpopo and Free State), fun family and PH's at camp. Highly recommend them.
Respectfully, Eric Bates
Yes, Koos does play the "favorites" game with clients that have more money than others and that have come back. So, your opinion will be different than someone going to him for the first time. We were shoved into properties where we didn't see anything for days while guys were bringing back truck loads of animals.

Maybe he played favorites with me and my friends. Whatever it was we had a blast.

And all clients should be treated with respect and well. But there ain’t a business in the world where the owner doesn’t court highly valued clients more. And I don’t blame them for it.

Last edited:
There is no way this operation is the best of them all. You must have been with some low end outfitters to put this at the top of your list.

I have been on some pretty high end hunts in Utah, British Columbia, Alberta and Arizona as well as many other places.

But my favorite hunt was the one from this August with Kuche. Lots of people that I know feel the same way about them.

I’ve taken a larger one in a free range, non fenced area, what’s your point ? Boasting about trophy quality with a sub par organization does not help the argument
My point is I had a great time. There is nothing boastful about my picture or sub par about my experience.

You should get over yourself.

Maybe he played favorites with me and my friends. Whatever it was we had a blast.

And all clients should be treated with respect and well. But there ain’t a business in the world where the owner doesn’t court highly valued clients more. And I don’t blame them for it.

It’s one thing to take care of good clients. It’s another thing all together to send someone to hunt a ranch the PH has never seen before.

I think it’s equally as important for a budget first time hunter to get what he pays for regardless of wether the outfitter courts other “highly valued clients”.

The problem is that Kuche doesn’t have enough resources to make sure everyone has an enjoyable hunt. Some will have a good hunt while others will have an experience that falls well below any acceptable standard.

That’s not cool

I’ve taken a larger one in a free range, non fenced area, what’s your point ? Boasting about trophy quality with a sub par organization does not help the argument
Neither do condescending posts

The Waterbuck was taken on a 30000 acre property covered with thick bush. A first rate experiece in every way. It would be delusional to think otherwise.

But if it’s not up to someone’s standards they are free to go somewhere else, but to attack my experiences or the hunts of other people says more about your character and wisdom than mine.

You guys are a bunch of insufferable pricks hiding anonymously behind your keyboard.

The Waterbuck was taken on a 30000 acre property covered with thick bush. A first rate experiece in every way. It would be delusional to think otherwise.

But if it’s not up to someone’s standards they are free to go somewhere else, but to attack my experiences or the hunts of other people says more about your character and wisdom than mine.

You guys are a bunch of insufferable pricks hiding anonymously behind your keyboard.
Yeah. They don’t want to talk about African hunting. They want to talk about their experience ad nauseam but down talk others experience.

Someone trying to talk down the credentials of someone with more hunts, more exposure shows this place is just an echo chamber of the same old same old.

You guys come across like a bunch of insufferable pricks hiding anonymously behind your keyboard. Funny how the internet makes for rude condescending remarks that people would never make to your face.

But carry if you must. Amazing display of class and courage on your part.

You guys come across like a bunch of insufferable pricks hiding anonymously behind your keyboard. Funny how the internet makes for rude condescending remarks that people would never make to your face.

But carry if you must. Amazing display of class and courage on your part.
What?

And you are doing the same when you boast about how amazing your experience was when clearly many in this thread have not had the same treatment or experience with the same outfit. It has been proven in this thread Kuche has a questionable business model and has made many unhappy customers through poor service or lack there of. If someone is speaking about the negative experience they had with an outfit and I have hunted with said outfit also, the last thing I’m going to do is slather the thread with trophy pictures, jumping through hoops to try and discredit their experience.

Ok, Mr. 20 time 3 different country big game hunter....

And you are doing the same when you boast about how amazing your experience was when clearly many in this thread have not had the same treatment or experience with the same outfit. It has been proven in this thread Kuche has a questionable business model and has made many unhappy customers through poor service or lack there of. If someone is speaking about the negative experience they had with an outfit and I have hunted with said outfit also, the last thing I’m going to do is slather the thread with trophy pictures, jumping through hoops to try and discredit their experience.
Nailed it.

Pot to kettle.

This thread which I have been a part of for months is about Kuche Safaris. If you are free to go on the attack, I’m am just as free to go on the defense.

When someone pointed out that I could not have had a good time because I lack hunting experience with which to compare, I pointed out that I’ve hunted quite a bit.

Then someone else pointed out that I must have been on a bunch of sorry hunts, and I responded again.

You people have the right to make negative comments here, but you do not have the right to censor content and prevent others from posting positive things.

I’m sorry for bringing some facts to the smear job.

Small wonder that makes you uncomfortable.

Pot to kettle.

This thread which I have been a part of for months is about Kuche Safaris. If you are free to go on the attack, I’m am just as free to go on the defense.

When someone pointed out that I could not have had a good time because I lack hunting experience with which to compare, I pointed out that I’ve hunted quite a bit.

Then someone else pointed out that I must have been on a bunch of sorry hunts, and I responded again.

You people have the right to make negative comments here, but you do not have the right to censor content and prevent others from posting positive things.

I’m sorry for bringing some facts to the smear job.

Small wonder that makes you uncomfortable.
Who is preventing you from posting? Post all you want, but the point being there are plenty of posts questioning Kuche's operation. And to discredit someone's experience (first time or their fifth time) because of your hunting resume is just foolish and ignorant. Everyone involved here spent the time and money to fly all the way around the world. And when they are met with poor service, they absolutely should report their experience.

Nothing different applies to any restaurant or business in the US. If you are met with bad customer service and/or a product, people will rightfully voice their opinion. There are no exceptions for Kuche or any outfitter CONUS or OCONUS. They are essentially providing a product and a service.

Everyone that I personally know who has hunted with Kuche had a good experience.

Everyone that I talked to when I was there had a good experience.

But Kuche is a large operation that gives a lot of hunts to charities.

So it is inevitable that a few people in the internet age will complain about something.

And several people saying negative things have never been there.

Funny how some people howl when challenged in any way.

And several people saying negative things have never been there.

Funny how some people howl when challenged in any way.
It’s funny how there are 3 negative reviews on this thread from members that have been there but you refuse to acknowledge those? Why don’t you see these type threads for other outfitters? Since I’ve been on this forum Kuche Safaris comes up every few weeks to few months for low end donation hunts, a booking agent who booked many hunters to kuche and didn’t pay his bills, and inconsistent experiences from first time African hunters who have hunted no where else in Africa. This thread has gotten 18,000 views so far. Every comment you make gets it a few more. You aren’t doing the favors for them you think you are keeping it going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictoriaKi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!