SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Wild Africa Hunting Safaris?

mcjones

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking for feedback on Wild Africa Hunting Safaris, it is near Messina

Got a website for them?

My best advice is contact PHASA . This is the Professional huters Association association of South Africa and ask them . You can email them at ceo@phasa.co.za .

Perhaps this is the reason you can not find anyone that has hunted with them here.

The reason you should share all the details you can about an outfit. New Company names can crop up over night.

Hope this helps you make a decision with whom you will hunt.

Good luck.

Staff | Wild Africa Hunting Safaris
Staff of the company you are searching.

View attachment 25412
Teilman Erasmus

https://www.facebook.com/KillingForProfit/posts/507977809249711

April 6, 2013
Beeld newspaper is reporting today that South African professional hunter Tielman Erasmus - one of those facing criminal charges alongside notorious safari operator Dawie Groenewald - has been arrested in the United States and fined $10 000.
Erasmus was detained by US Fish & Wildlife agents in Los Angeles three weeks ago while attending hunting shows in the area.
His arrest related to a leopard trophy that was reportedly hunted illegally in South Africa and exported to the US.
In April 2010, Groenewald was also arrested in the US in connection with the same leopard trophy. He later pleaded guilty and was fined $30 000.
Erasmus, Groenewald and several others are facing 1872 criminal charges in South Africa relating to the illegal hunting of white rhinos, selling of horns, money-laundering, racketeering and hunting permit violations.

(NOTE: The photograph accompanying the Beeld report is NOT of Tielman Erasmus as stated in the caption.)

For more on Erasmus, read pages 131, 143 and 146 of Killing for Profit. Chapter 7 deals with the Groenewald case.

Killing for Profit

South African Safari Owner Sentenced For His Role In The Illegal Importation Of A Leopard
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEApril 16, 2010
Montgomery, Alabama - Dawie Groenewald, a 42-year old, South African national, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in the Middle District of Alabama, to éime served and a $30,000 criminal fine in connection with the importation of an unlawfully hunted leopard trophy into the United States, announced United States Attorney Leura G. Canary and Special Agent in Charge Nicholas Chavez of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) Southwest Region Office of Law Enforcement.

Groenewald, the owner of a guiding and outfitting business, known as å¾¹ut of Africa Adventurous Safaris in Limpopo Province, South Africa, was also ordered to pay $7,500 in restitution to a U.S. hunter who cooperated with investigators after learning that he had unknowingly paid for, and participated in, an illegal safari in South Africa. The defendant had pleaded guilty to a felony violation of the Lacey Act, a federal wildlife law that makes it illegal to import into the United States any wildlife unlawfully taken under the laws and regulations of another country.

Groenewald was arrested on January 29, 2010, by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service special agents at the airport in Montgomery after visiting his brother and indicted in February by a federal grand jury on charges of smuggling and violating the Lacey Act. He spent eight days in jail and almost 2 and a half months in home incarceration at his brother's residence before being sentenced this week.

During the course of the investigation, Service special agents worked with authorities in Limpopo Province, South Africa to collect evidence showing that Groenewald sold a leopard hunting safari to a U.S. sportsman and conducted that hunt in 2006 knowing that he did not have the right or authorization to do so under South African laws and regulations. Groenewald waited two years to apply for a permit to export the trophy to the United States, falsely claiming that the animal had been killed in 2008. The trophy was intercepted by Service wildlife inspectors at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York as it was being imported into the United State from South Africa.

å…¸his case demonstrates our commitment to upholding laws that protect not only our native wildlife but species around the world, said U.S. Attorney Canary. å…¸he Lacey Act is an important instrument in this enforcement arena. The United States is not an open market for hunting trophies or any other wildlife imports that represent violations of the laws of other nations.

的n the not-so-distant past, leopards were nearly hunted to extinction, said Special Agent in Charge Chavez. 展e will continue to work with U.S. prosecutors and our global partners to safeguard imperiled species and bring wildlife poachers and traffickers to justice both here and beyond our borders.

Leopards are protected under both the U.S. Endangered Species Act (which lists African populations as éhreatened? and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) a global treaty upheld by more than 175 countries (including the United States and South Africa) that uses a system of permits to regulate trade in wildlife and plants that would otherwise face the threat of extinction. South Africa and several other nations in Africa closely regulate hunting of these big cats to control the number killed each year. The legal import of a sport-hunted leopard trophy requires permits issued under the CITES treaty by both the exporting and importing country.

U.S. Attorney Canary commended the coordinated investigative efforts of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Environmental Compliance and Enforcement officers of the Limpopo Provincial Government of South Africa. This case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Monica A. Stump.

USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - Middle District of Alabama

http://www.africahunting.com/latest-hunting-news/9863-killing-profit.html

Glad that's not me!

Good luck on your searches mcjones! If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

e mailed PHASA 2 days ago and got no reply

There are a number of great outfitters that post and advertise on AH. If you are starting from scratch they may be a good place to start.

All the best.

There are a number of great outfitters that post and advertise on AH. If you are starting from scratch they may be a good place to start.

All the best.

+1 to this!!!

I'm sure there are plenty of great outfitters that aren't active here, but as I've become active here there are just too many great folks here that I've come to trust. This will always be where I start from now on..

Wild Africa was showing at the Phoenix ISE show last weekend and I had a long conversation with one of our members showing there. Wild Africa may not be back there next year.

Wild Africa was showing at the Phoenix ISE show last weekend and I had a long conversation with one of our members showing there. Wild Africa may not be back there next year.

It would be great if ALL the shows actually screened the outfitters who applied for a booth.

MCJones sent them another message . I did not get reply either , maybe servers are down .... Again it is not a law requirement to be a member of Phasa . there are a lot of Outfitters on this Forum that are not members and conduct good business .It is just a little more comforting I think for clients if a Outfitter does belong to an Organization. I have seen no replies of people that might have hunted there . So in the meantime I suppose you will have to decide yourself !!! Good luck and enjoy your trip !

You could also contact the CEO of PHASA on the following email address:

Adri Kitshoff - ceo@phasa.co.za

I did e-mail BRICKBURN's recommended address of hermannm@hixnet.co.za and got a reply from Adri Kitshoff that simply stated that Wild Africa was not a member of PHASA. Thanks to all responders at AfricaHunting for your help and time. It has been helpful and I have learned alot about the resourses and info you can provide to new hunters of South Africa. I am looking forward to see if it is true that if you go once you will be back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.