www.flickr.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Carolina, South Africa
Bayly-Sippel = 100%, 10 out of 10, 5 Stars, however it can be said.

I have only been to Africa one time so the only thing I can compare it to is my own expectations. @BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS exceeded my own expectations in every way.

My plane was late but they met me at the airport. They all welcomed me in camp even though it was after midnight local time. They met every need I had. They adjusted to my unspoken preferences. It was completely outstanding.

I have hunted alone for literally 46 years. I have done everything for myself during those years. I do not like hunting with other folks. It's not that I like being in-charge - I just like to be alone. Yet, somehow, the PH Bayly-Sippel picked for me was a completely compatible personality that shared many of the same interests I have. Not just that, though, he was completely competent. His professionalism was assuring. His personality was fun but unobtrusive. It feels like I’m just rattling off a bunch of made-up superlatives but they just keep coming out because they are all true. I’ll quit now not because I’ve run dry but because I won’t want to run the risk of sounding unbelievable.

The property was huge and interesting. The camp was comfortable yet remote, quiet and dark at night. It was the most stars I’ve ever seen at once.

The animals were a chore to hunt. We had a lot of blown stalks making the ones that ended with a shot much more memorable. The trackers were everything I have read about – the sharp eyes, the keen wit, the complete professionalism.

My plane left late on a day I didn’t pay for. They didn’t just dump me off. They took great care of me until the end. I don’t know if I will ever go back to Africa. If I do, Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel will be the first guys I call.

Oh, and the food was outstanding.

[
52207050350_13c43e2146_c.jpg
52203650284_bd0fbcdbde_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had a good time. How about some trophy pics? Info on your rifle and ammo. Perhaps write about some of your stalks.
Bruce

Sounds like you had a good time. How about some trophy pics? Info on your rifle and ammo. Perhaps write about some of your stalks.
Bruce
Thanks for asking. I did - just in a separate thread without mentioning the Outfitter. You'll have to scroll through the whole thread but everything is here...

The rifle and ammo thread is here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildwillalaska

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.