Soldering question....

9.3x62.
I'm going to put some light-ish load together tomorrow to get a rough zero & barrel break in, plus some for load testing & i should be hitting the range on Wednesday.

I have to say, i am NOT looking forward to shooting this from a bench! My 9x57 Mauser with 250s at 2100fps is bad enough. I'm just going to assume this will hurt like hell with 286s at (hopefully) 2400!
@robtattoo
Don't worry about breaking in the barrel, just shoot it and have fun. I've never run a barrel in in my life. To me it's a waste of effort. Just clean it after the first few range sessions and when you have developed the load you want clean when accuracy falls off. Even tho you aren't cleaning the barrel all the time it still need protection from rust. Run an oil patch thru after every use and patch out before each use.
Bob

@robtattoo
Don't worry about breaking in the barrel, just shoot it and have fun. I've never run a barrel in in my life. To me it's a waste of effort. Just clean it after the first few range sessions and when you have developed the load you want clean when accuracy falls off. Even tho you aren't cleaning the barrel all the time it still need protection from rust. Run an oil patch thru after every use and patch out before each use.
Bob
When i say break in, i guess i meant get some fouling in it. I agree about break ins. Total waste of time & powder. I'll be honest, the only time I've run a patch down the bore of a centerfire is to get rid of the initial copper buildup on rebores.
Other than that, or getting physically muddy or dusty, i never clean mine at all!
I would say that 90+% of my guns have gone from unshot, to load worked up & ready to hunt within 40 shots.

The 9.3's recoil is not horrible, (except maybe to me). But get off the bench and onto shooting sticks as soon as you can. Makes a big difference.

The 'H' is Hornady 286
The 'P' is Prvi 285.

The Hornady seemed to do best at 63.5g of Big Game, the Prvis at 64.

I have zero idea on velocity, but with that kind of accuracy at 100yds, from a brand new barrel with (at that point 22 rounds thru it) i really don't care too much!
20220914_124337.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross