Snakes!

92642107_596468650990362_9162868269915308032_n.jpg
 
Studio_20190125_222055.png
 
This is cape cobra?
 
And this guy who tried to take a selfie with a snake he found on the side of the road: (west diamond rattler) HOW MUCH BEER DID HE DRINK?

91501968_209964433751539_1830305780683767808_n.jpg
 
Evolution in progress
 
What leg is that?


93158077_2109262925886918_1803515836275621888_n.jpg
 
93583384_618205812067561_8273227508933984256_n.jpg
 
Black Mamba

93848010_245470059910538_1867253030689177600_n.jpg
 
xih.jpg
 
Vile creatures, they are. Here in the southwest, we just whip out the ol' 44 snakeshot for Mr. Diamondback.
 
Having never hunted Africa the thought has crossed my mind how often hunters encounter snakes. The videos of hunting I have seen seem to often end with a jog through Bushveld at a pace where spotting snakes would be impossible whilst often wearing shorts. How many times do those in the hunting party get bitten or have near misses?
 
On my first hunt, in Namibia, in warm months, I saw two snakes: cape cobra and black mamba. In both occasions, the snakes were on the gravel road soaking up the heat from the sun.
On my second hunt, during colder months, I did not see any snake.

I asked PH during my first hunt, about snake bites, and he told me in last 30 years or so, there was no cases that anybody was bitten by snake on his concession.
 
81487806_2283805878386027_4946238458680049664_n.jpg
 
83258684_2317886754977939_3295658380521111552_n.jpg
 
And this guy who tried to take a selfie with a snake he found on the side of the road: (west diamond rattler) HOW MUCH BEER DID HE DRINK?

View attachment 342065
Wonder what happened to him....??? all I can say is I would never see myself getting in that position personally, regardless of beer intake!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,612
Members
169,382
Latest member
MarilynMac
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top