Show Us Your Highland Stalker

Aussie_Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
As a few of you probably already know, I recently purchased a Rigby Highland Stalker in 9.3X62. Finally got my hands on it today, haven't had it on the range yet but so far super happy with it.

I have noticed quite a few different threads on here where people are asking about scope mounts for this rifle, chamberings, costs, upgrades, weight, best scope choices etc. I thought maybe a thread specific to Highland Stalkers might help people out when they are considering one and looking for info on these rifles.

So show us your Highland Stalkers!

Mine is the standard configuration as per the specs on Rigby's website, no upgrades, chambered in 9.3X62, built in 2018 so has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while, genuine Mauser Hexalock mounts, Leupold VX-3HD 1.5-5 scope, rifle weighs in at 8.74lbs unloaded with the mounts and scope, perfect amount of bolt clearance with the scope using the Hexalock mounts. I'm going to be running heavy for calibre 320 grain Woodleighs through it for big game in the northern part of Australia. Will be sure to let you know how it shoots when I get it the range.

1684397271073.jpeg
1684397548236.jpeg
1684397570852.jpeg
1684397732609.jpeg
1684397756330.jpeg
1684397818716.jpeg
1684397844764.jpeg
1684397893690.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@WAB and @Red Leg are your Highland Stalkers glass bedded? That's something I forgot to add in here, mines glass bedded and I wasn't aware that was standard on the Highland Stalker.

Congrats on getting the new family member home. I tried the Hexalocks - but ended up with Leupold QDs with the extended rings to get the scope a bit more rearward. Bolt just clears.

4.1kg (just over 9lbs) scoped.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the new family member home. I tried the Hexalocks - but ended up with Leupold QDs with the extended rings to get the scope a bit more rearward. Bolt just clears.

4.1kg (just over 9lbs) scoped.
Oh ok yep, as you can see how mines mounted I've got the scope mounted back in the rings pretty much as far as it can go and it's just ok for eye relief when wound up to 5 power. If you were to put a 3-9 on it the eye relief wouldn't be the best with those mounts. But that's for me, everyone is different.

Oh ok yep, as you can see how mines mounted I've got the scope mounted back in the rings pretty much as far as it can go and it's just ok for eye relief when wound up to 5 power. If you were to put a 3-9 on it the eye relief wouldn't be the best with those mounts. But that's for me, everyone is different.

the benefit of your straight tube objective :)

As a few of you probably already know, I recently purchased a Rigby Highland Stalker in 9.3X62. Finally got my hands on it today, haven't had it on the range yet but so far super happy with it.

I have noticed quite a few different threads on here where people are asking about scope mounts for this rifle, chamberings, costs, upgrades, weight, best scope choices etc. I thought maybe a thread specific to Highland Stalkers might help people out when they are considering one and looking for info on these rifles.

So show us your Highland Stalkers!

Mine is the standard configuration as per the specs on Rigby's website, no upgrades, chambered in 9.3X62, built in 2018 so has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while, genuine Mauser Hexalock mounts, Leupold VX-3HD 1.5-5 scope, rifle weighs in at 8.74lbs unloaded with the mounts and scope, perfect amount of bolt clearance with the scope using the Hexalock mounts. I'm going to be running heavy for calibre 320 grain Woodleighs through it for big game in the northern part of Australia. Will be sure to let you know how it shoots when I get it the range.

View attachment 534560View attachment 534565View attachment 534566View attachment 534569View attachment 534570View attachment 534571View attachment 534572View attachment 534573
Beautiful tifle, well done

Great rifle, Aussie! Don’t forget to contact Rigby with your particulars, so they’ll add you into their books of Rigby owners that they’ve compiled for 150+(?) years. Also will get you a year’s SCI membership gratis.

This is the one I used to have before I lost it to marriage;) Pretty happy with the overall deal though :) 9.3x62. She did let me use it on Plains game in Tanzania. @Just Gina is deadly with it.
20211006_191347.jpg

HS in 275. Note: The front thong on the sling did snap after one hunting season. The sling was Els and CO branded and not Rigby. I am now going to a sloppy fitting but more secure standard sling / swivel configuration.

Rigby HS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My .275. Only "custom" feature was a slightly longer throat to optimize 170 class bullets. Pure luck with the stock.
New Rigby .275

Rigby Texas Hill Country Stalker

Puku  Hunting Zambia

HS in 275. Note: The front thong on the sling did snap after one hunting season. The sling was Els and CO branded and not Rigby. I am now going to a sloppy fitting but more secure standard sling / swivel configuration.
Wow I love the stock on this rifle, thar's really unique!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.