Short Gaiters

Brahm

AH member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
22
Reaction score
20
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Okay I cannot find the short gaiters they wear in Africa. What are they called and where can I get them lol I hate crap in my shoes/short hikers this time of year checking trail cams etc. it’s to hot to wear my tall heavy gaiters.
 
African Sporting Creations usually have nice Courtney leather gaiters. Tag Safari has a decent set of cloth gaiters. And look up Save Your Socks. They are in Namibia, but make nice leather gaiters at a very reasonable price. I had a set made for my self and my mother and delivered to our outfitter. Very easy to work with
 
African Creations will help you out. In Tsetse fly country I use knee high gaiters. Those rascals can go up a pant leg in a flash and shake your leg
 
It is believed that these are some of the best.
I use the Courtney’s from African Sporting Creations as well. They are super durable and When I end up having to crawl I will pull them up to cover my knees. Good investment
 
African Sporting Creations usually have nice Courtney leather gaiters. Tag Safari has a decent set of cloth gaiters. And look up Save Your Socks. They are in Namibia, but make nice leather gaiters at a very reasonable price. I had a set made for my self and my mother and delivered to our outfitter. Very easy to work with
I saw Save Your Socks gaiters in Safari Outdoors in SA a few weeks ago. A bit more expensive than in Namibia but they’re great gaiters.
 
Thanks guys. It’s the soft cloth or leather ones I was after
 
These are great if you're wearing shorts. If wearing long pants, I tuck in the pant legs to high top boots. knee high gaiters are great if you're wearing low cut boots with pants.
 
Went to order a pair of Courtney zip ups from Africa sporting creations out of Ohio and it’s $99 to ship to me in Ontario. 1 state and border away !! Have to find another solution

Edit I think I can get them cheaper out of Belgium
 
Last edited:
Lots of taxidermy shops in Africa sell them. It's always nice to pick up a couple pair, and they're pretty inexpensive too.
 
The Boyt product works - in Africa and here in Arizona. The are inexpensive and generally available... why pay more or chase around looking for something else?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,575
Members
169,375
Latest member
Richmond416
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top