Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
As you plan your first or next African safari learning to be proficient shooting off of sticks is critical. I take a quick look at Primos, Viper Flex, Africa Sporting Creations, and home made shooting sticks and discuss the various scenarios you may be using them in on your next hunt.

shooting-sticks.jpg

I agree and good video. I would add that if you have access to a ranch or other property where you can practice different kinds of shots, you should absolutely do it. (the rifle range where I practice only allows bench shooting) On all three of my hunts in Africa I've had a variety of shots--from sticks standing, offhand standing, resting on PH's shoulder, kneeling and using sticks, etc. I had the chance to practice at a friend's place in the country and that practice was really valuable. You can't practice too much.
Another tip: A hunting buddy of mine worked with me on flinching with heavy caliber rifles by standing behind me and loading the rifle so that I did not know if there was a round in the chamber or not. Makes you focus on aim and breathing and squeezing and holding the trigger. Really helped with flinching on big bore recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross