Shipping

varmint buster

New member
Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I was quoted a price originally to fly my trophies into the US. Now the crates are finished and the volumetric are figured out and the actual price to fly them into the US is double. I was told that 2 of the crates are considered oversized and can not fly on a normal aircraft and must fly on a cargo plane which is double the cost. I was given the option of shipping by sea and that was 1/3 of the price. I was also warned that there are extra inspection fees at the ports that the shipment goes through and the costs will come out the same as flying the crates. Has anyone had to deal with this problem? Is there another alternative?
 
You have quotes from Delta (assuming no DG), Turkish and Ethiopian?
 
Shipping is scary,

ship.jpg
 
I was quoted a price originally to fly my trophies into the US. Now the crates are finished and the volumetric are figured out and the actual price to fly them into the US is double. I was told that 2 of the crates are considered oversized and can not fly on a normal aircraft and must fly on a cargo plane which is double the cost. I was given the option of shipping by sea and that was 1/3 of the price. I was also warned that there are extra inspection fees at the ports that the shipment goes through and the costs will come out the same as flying the crates. Has anyone had to deal with this problem? Is there another alternative?
Welcome to AH :S Welcome:

You need to talk to Trophy Shippers

 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This right here.

Unless you have imported merchandise or trophies before its best to hire a pro.
 
I think his problem is on the exporting side and not the importing side. His shipper should be getting multiple quotes from various air carriers.
 
Last edited:
I agree but without a representative for him that knows the ins and outs he is out of his league so to speek
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,567
Members
169,760
Latest member
hb88gdn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top