Shipping Trophies from RSA to Canada

Alan Dougan

Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe & Botswana
Hey, seeking affordable & reliable Shipping Agent to Export a shoulder mounted Hartebeest , Sable , Gemsbok , skull mount Springbok along with a pedestal mounted Leopard from South Africa's East Cape area to Edmonton, Alberta Canada

I've had a bad experience in Zimbabwe where this Taxidermist attempted to charge me double of what I paid to bring home my Buffalo, Kudu & Wildebeest & I just want to due my diligence

20190129_112556.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rigel Logistics out of Moose Jaw. I have used them several times and have had good experience.

Contact Dale at Talon Distributing in Edmonton I’ve used him to import for years and he maybe able to direct you in the right direction.

Beautiful trophy room!

You can read my post on my recent self import on here, specifically Canadian, YVR is best/easiest, I used Hunters and Collectors out of Port Elizabeth for my D&P company and exporter was African Legacy Logistics, both were amazing, instant coms, good prices and outstanding service. Never a Canadian importer for me. Post is under before and after hunt and called D&P, Shipping & Clearing 2021 Trophies from SA. Please read. Not sure how to add link. How capable do you want to be? Done all 5 safari imports myself and recently spoke with two fellow members on here who took my advice and saved lots of $. If money is no object, you have no time or feel uncomfortable doing call the companies listed above. I was scared crapless when they gave me their quotes. I am at a loss what they are paid for, all my imports have taken less than 15 mins at Vancouver Customs and my contact at CFIA is awesome, but I do know and have my sh,,t together. Leopard is Cites and will need import and export permits, its not hard shipment above had 5. Finished trophies are the easiest, treated as Art.

I am currently way up north with limited service, can PM/DM me on here if you want. When I get home we can talk.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieHowe

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.