Shipping question

MTA

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
May 1, 2022
Messages
575
Reaction score
1,069
Location
DFW
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
GOA
Hunted
South Africa
Howdy AH,

Bit of a newb question for yall. I had my first safari back in May and this morning I woke up to an email from Splitting Image that my taxidermy was nearing completion and to make the final payment.

I could have sworn I had a plan for after this step back in May but life has happened and I have forgotten. Do we need to coordinate our own shipper over in SA or do the bigger taxidermy shops like them work with a specific shipper? I am drawing a blank. I could ask them and I probably will but figured I would get answers from my fellow hunters for right now.

Some shippers I have seen thrown around here on the forum are Badger Cargo and Zingela. Has anyone used them? what was their process and your experience?

I am using coppersmith as a broker in DFW and plan on picking up the crate from them directly.

Thanks in advance
 
I asked Splitting Image to get me several quotes for my shipment last December. They provided them and I used Badger and I was quite happy with them.

You can also contact shippers directly with the crate dimension and weight for quotes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTA
I asked Splitting Image to get me several quotes for my shipment last December. They provided them and I used Badger and I was quite happy with them.

You can also contact shippers directly with the crate dimension and weight for quotes.
that was the answer I was looking for, thank you sir!
 
Shoot them an email and ask, but they will likely have someone they usually work with. You do need to determine your Customs/Receiving agent on the US side and get them in the loop. The Taxi may have several suggestion on who they have worked with in the past.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTA
I had a shipment from Splitting Image a couple of years ago. They used Badger Cargo and it was a good experience. As Shootist~ mentioned, you do still need a way to handle the Customs/USFW/USDA inspections. I've had good luck with Coppersmith.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTA
Thank you for the replies. I am using coppersmith
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,430
Messages
1,575,991
Members
170,500
Latest member
ChristelLy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top