Second double rifle

49cub

AH member
Reaction score
So I finally broke down last year and purchased a Blaser S2 in 500 NE. And I absolutely love it.

I've been looking every since for another rifle. Not quite ready to drop enough to get another 470 or 500 but have been eyeing some 9.3x74R. I've recently been looking at the Chapuis C12 and the V-C Sagittaire. Now I've seen a 450-400 Sabatti. I've read some horror stories about them, but, for the price I'm considering taking a chance on one.

So that brings me to my questions. Anyone have any experience with the O/U in Chapuis or VC? Just looking for some unbiased opinions. Mostly shooting here in the US and hunting hogs, deer and elk.

Thanks for any feedback. Have a great Thanksgiving.

I too recently looked at a Sabatti in .500 N.E..... Yes I am tempted, but like you have read horror stories. Still on the fence, and will be till into December as I leave for my Buff hunt a week from today. Nerves are starting to build, and have triple checked both rifles almost daily. Maybe when I get back!

I have a VC 500NE and love it.

I am also in the process of looking at a new O/U and also looking at the VC Sagittaire vs Beretta Silver Pigeon

Have you considered another set of barrels for your S2? I have .375, 500/416, and 30-06. It is a different rifle with each set. The 'o6 is a particularly lively PG rifle, and I would suspect the 9.3x74 would have similar dynamics.

Unless you can see regulation documentation stay away from Sabatti. Look at the crown of the barrel and if it looks the least bit miss shaped walk the other way.
That being said I think Edward has one that shoots very well.

Unless you can see regulation documentation stay away from Sabatti. Look at the crown of the barrel and if it looks the least bit miss shaped walk the other way.
That being said I think Edward has one that shoots very well.
Mine shoots very well too Charlie. No problems at all with my .470NE.

A second double is always good:love: It is the third and fourth one that gets you in trouble with the wife. Love my 9.3 Chapuis. Working on a trade for a VC 450/400 OU so will give you and eval after I get it and have a little time at the range and reloading bench. I also am one of the guys that has a sabatti that shoots (450NE). Enjoy your time making a selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.