Scrimshaw & Art

The pr
Beautiful work, how difficult was it to do the obama scrimshaw without getting sick? Is the premise of those 1911's complete opposites? They are beautiful pistols, I just don't understand the obama and his counterpart. Can you explain what the concept was for this?
Your elephants are exceptional!
Regards,
Cody
The premise was to illustrate the ongoing gun control argument using the most recent presidents from each party. When the guns are facing away from each other, it symbolizes the fact that the political parties are going in opposite directions. When turned toward each other, it symbolizes the more confrontational aspect of the argument and is illustrated by Ted Nugent's debate with Piers Morgan. To be honest, I had no issues whatsoever doing Obama's portrait. In fact, the only way I would have accepted the project was if it was respectful to both sides.

Great work ,The tears on the ears of the Elephant adds realism

Almost finished. I just have to figure out the complex wrinkle patterns. Its close enough to being finished that I have started a list of people who are interested in prints.
IMG_20160517_163458.jpg

very nice!

absolutely fantastic work!! your elephants are amazing, your level of detail is incredible.
I will PM you on doing work on elk ivories. Always wanted to have a bull elk on an elk tooth.

absolutely fantastic work!! your elephants are amazing, your level of detail is incredible.
I will PM you on doing work on elk ivories. Always wanted to have a bull elk on an elk tooth.
Thank you. An elk tooth would be fun. I haven't done one in a long time. I think the last one was at least 15 years ago.

@Darrel Morris I think you're at the right place to get started with marketing. You might consider setting up a booth at some of the conventions- I don't know how much that costs, but I'm sure you would sell any and all art you brought with (especially at the big conventions like DSC and SCI).

...also a great opportunity to meet with potential outfitters for your own safari!

@Darrel Morris I think you're at the right place to get started with marketing. You might consider setting up a booth at some of the conventions- I don't know how much that costs, but I'm sure you would sell any and all art you brought with (especially at the big conventions like DSC and SCI).

...also a great opportunity to meet with potential outfitters for your own safari!
I have certainly received a warm welcome here. I can't wait to show off some of the projects as they are completed.

Very nice. The grey wood was a great choice.

Just got my print back from the frame shop (#5/250). Looks great and the wife loves it! I added an elephant medallion to the frame from the East African Wildlife Society Coin Set.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my print back from the frame shop (#5/250). Looks great and the wife loves it! I added an elephant medallion to the frame from the East African Wildlife Society Coin Set.

full

full
I love it! The medallion is a great touch. What kind of matte is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on the matte. Its a gray-green one with some texture. Kind of reminded me of elephant ear skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg