Scrimshaw & Art

Darrel Morris

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
darrelmorris.fineartstudioonline.com
Media
The pr
Beautiful work, how difficult was it to do the obama scrimshaw without getting sick? Is the premise of those 1911's complete opposites? They are beautiful pistols, I just don't understand the obama and his counterpart. Can you explain what the concept was for this?
Your elephants are exceptional!
Regards,
Cody
The premise was to illustrate the ongoing gun control argument using the most recent presidents from each party. When the guns are facing away from each other, it symbolizes the fact that the political parties are going in opposite directions. When turned toward each other, it symbolizes the more confrontational aspect of the argument and is illustrated by Ted Nugent's debate with Piers Morgan. To be honest, I had no issues whatsoever doing Obama's portrait. In fact, the only way I would have accepted the project was if it was respectful to both sides.

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Great work ,The tears on the ears of the Elephant adds realism

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
very nice!

gpelkhunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, SCI,
Hunted
Canada, Namibia 2015
absolutely fantastic work!! your elephants are amazing, your level of detail is incredible.
I will PM you on doing work on elk ivories. Always wanted to have a bull elk on an elk tooth.

Darrel Morris

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
absolutely fantastic work!! your elephants are amazing, your level of detail is incredible.
I will PM you on doing work on elk ivories. Always wanted to have a bull elk on an elk tooth.
Thank you. An elk tooth would be fun. I haven't done one in a long time. I think the last one was at least 15 years ago.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
@Darrel Morris I think you're at the right place to get started with marketing. You might consider setting up a booth at some of the conventions- I don't know how much that costs, but I'm sure you would sell any and all art you brought with (especially at the big conventions like DSC and SCI).

...also a great opportunity to meet with potential outfitters for your own safari!

Darrel Morris

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
@Darrel Morris I think you're at the right place to get started with marketing. You might consider setting up a booth at some of the conventions- I don't know how much that costs, but I'm sure you would sell any and all art you brought with (especially at the big conventions like DSC and SCI).

...also a great opportunity to meet with potential outfitters for your own safari!
I have certainly received a warm welcome here. I can't wait to show off some of the projects as they are completed.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Very nice. The grey wood was a great choice.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Just got my print back from the frame shop (#5/250). Looks great and the wife loves it! I added an elephant medallion to the frame from the East African Wildlife Society Coin Set.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrel Morris

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Just got my print back from the frame shop (#5/250). Looks great and the wife loves it! I added an elephant medallion to the frame from the East African Wildlife Society Coin Set.

I love it! The medallion is a great touch. What kind of matte is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Not sure on the matte. Its a gray-green one with some texture. Kind of reminded me of elephant ear skin.

Latest profile posts

Sugar4646 wrote on Warpig602's profile.
Hey boss wanted to inquire about the .308 rifle you have for sell can you send me payment information. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.
Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
Hunt booked 2022
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol