Scrimshaw & Art

Darrel Morris

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
107
Reaction score
190
Location
Riverside
Website
darrelmorris.fineartstudioonline.com
Media
20
I'm new here and I don't have any African hunting knowledge to share, but I have done some African themed art over the years. Here are a few examples of my work.

Cape buffalo
Medium: Scrimshaw on Buffalo Horn
Size: 2 x 3

cape-buffalo.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work!
 
Cool stuff!
 
You are very talented.

Thanks for sharing your work.
 
Love the buffalo too, but yeah, that ele is special.
 
Here's another little project that I did a couple of years ago. This was a fun project, but it has an unfortunate tendancy to bring out a lot of political comments. View attachment 57941

I can see that. :E Shocked: Was about to say something but...........

Again great work.
 
Thank you. I really like working with the buffalo horn, but collectors definitely prefer ivory. This is Asian water buffalo, but Cape Buffalo works very well too, when I can get my hands on it.

Very welcome.

And I was kinda thinking the same thing about the horn. That I'd love to have something like that done out of the horn of a buff I shot, but when would I not keep at least the horn?

What a problem to have. :)
 
Very welcome.

And I was kinda thinking the same thing about the horn. That I'd love to have something like that done out of the horn of a buff I shot, but when would I not keep at least the horn?

What a problem to have. :)
Yup, there are a few available on Ebay but the cost is considerably higher than for water buffalo horn and in the end they look exactly the same.
 
Ok, that's really nice.

As cool as the guns are I would prefer something I could use and the watch I'd wear, whereas the pistol id be afraid to carry. Everyday ivory from the watch!
 
Ok, that's really nice.

As cool as the guns are I would prefer something I could use and the watch I'd wear, whereas the pistol id be afraid to carry. Everyday ivory from the watch!
I agree. The guns had such a perfect finish I'd be afraid to get them dirty. The watches on the other hand are still one of a kind, and actually affordable.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,066
Members
169,487
Latest member
KathyKidwe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top