Scope suggestion

canuck505

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Just picked up a Carl Gustaf 3000 (Sauer 80) in 9.3x62 and it came with the rings and bases shown in attached photos. Any suggestions for what scope to get? Was thinking an older Kahles or Zeiss.

IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1927.jpeg
IMG_1926.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That setup looks a bit high. If using a low power scope (which would seem practical for that caliber), I can't see the need for extended front ring. Low power scope would have straight tube on the objective end. Can you use standard rings with those bases? I would go with low QD rings. My guns have Warne QD rings and very pleased with them.
 
I'd recommend Zeiss, underrated, cheap and extremely good.
 
My choice would be Zeiss Victory HT 2.5-10x50, Zeiss V6 2-12x50 or a Zeiss V8 1.8-14x50 but it is a tad heavier then others.

Another good option Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3x42. Leica Magnus 1.8-12x50 would be good also.

Put on the glass that suits your eyes
 
Zeiss if wanting to stay in the culture. If not then Leupold will get the job done.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,129
Members
169,265
Latest member
Rosemarie9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top