Scope for my .375 H&H

Yes 32 sorry. As far as comparing Vortex to Swarovski that's like comparing a VW to a Ferrari.

Man, there's a lot of Swaro love in this thread. Happy for you guys that can afford it, but its just not in my budget!

I will be getting a Savage Alaskan in .375 Ruger and was thinking something like the Leupold VX-2 1-4x20mm, Nikon Monarch 3 1-4x20mm, or the Zeiss Terra 2-7×32mm.

I went in this weekend to put a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 x 40mm on my 6.5 creedmoor. Coincidentally they had a Vortex Viper 4-12 x 40 mm sitting next to that for the same price. Of course, I had to compare them. I ended up buying the Viper for its clarity. I think that specific Vortex model is being discontinued. It works well on my 7mm Rem Mag (See Hendershots trophy page). Point is, it seems to be a good practice to look through specific scope candidates before buying.

Last edited:
Yes 32 sorry. As far as comparing Vortex to Swarovski that's like comparing a VW to a Ferrari.

I believe the Razor line to be top notch. None of their other stuff comes close to Swarovski IMO. And I don't believe the Razor is as good as top of the line Swarovski by any stretch.

I have a 6x18 leupold on my 375, maybe a little over kill in the magnification dept but it's a plains game rifle, I recently purchased a Nikon Monarch 5 3.5x15 with ED Glass that I'm going to try out QDs are the way to go

I have a 6x18 leupold on my 375, maybe a little over kill in the magnification dept but it's a plains game rifle, I recently purchased a Nikon Monarch 5 3.5x15 with ED Glass that I'm going to try out QDs are the way to go
I just upgraded my 375 scope from Leupold 1.5 - 5 to 2 - 7 VX-R. I am hoping that will be more useful for elk and whatever large ungulates should appear at a distance. The old scope is going on my 450/400 No. 1. Not a big difference, but it made sense to me.

The Vortex scopes have gotten a lot better. I've got the Razor Gen II and a Nightforce SHV - I'd put them in the same ballpark. Maybe not up to Swaro's top level but still very, very good glass.

Will you elaborate? What do you mean by Vortex being in the same family as Swarovski? Not trying to pick a fight but that makes absolutely no sense to me.
OK... if it reads... the same "class" as the Swarowsky, does that make sense?

I have never heard of these. Interesting. And, you can video what you hunt. It certainly creates opportunities. I would be concerned about recoil tolerance. Neat.
I agree but I wish I had a some throw away money these sound interesting, don't know how well those electronics would hold up mounted on a 375

OK... if it reads... the same "class" as the Swarowsky, does that make sense?

I understand what you are saying now but don't believe Vortex to be in the same class as Swarovski. Unless you are talking Razor. I believe the Razor line is as good as a low end Swarovski but not in the same class as a high end Swarovski.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg