SCI Foundation Contributes $330,000 To Worldwide Wildlife Conservation Projects In Last Quarter Of F

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI Foundation Contributes $330,000 To Worldwide Wildlife Conservation Projects In Last Quarter Of Fiscal Year

Washington, DC – Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF) announced today that it has contributed over $330,000 in the final quarter of their fiscal year to fund worldwide wildlife conservation projects. SCIF strategically focuses funding towards research and management of large predators and their prey, including game species, principally throughout North America, Asia and Southern Africa.

“The research programs selected by SCIF’s professional biologists inform wildlife managers and policy makers on critical wildlife management needs worldwide,” said SCIF President Joseph Hosmer. “SCIF strives to ensure management decisions are based on the best available science.”

“Throughout the year, SCIF contributes over one million dollars to wildlife research, management, and anti-poaching programs. As an international organization, SCIF continues to increase our financial impact for sustainable-use conservation and we hope more organizations can follow our lead,” said Hosmer.

North American Projects
SCIF donated $125,000 to fund multiple predator/prey projects in the U.S. and Canada. Conservation projects include caribou in Newfoundland, white-tailed deer in Michigan and Wisconsin, moose in Wyoming and elk in Montana, among others. The results of these projects will help determine the effects predators have on prey, specifically if predation is one of the causes of low juvenile recruitment.

The most recent project is the Montana elk project, in which SCIF has donated $50,000 to help the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks with its predator/prey research.

African Projects
In multiple African nations, SCIF has given over $121,000 to wildlife conservation and human-wildlife conflict programs. The most recent project is helping rural communities of Zimbabwe sustainably co-exist with their dangerous wildlife populations.

SCIF also continues to fund lion research in Zambia to improve the accuracy of aging lions in their natural environment. Being able to accurately age lions in the field will improve our understanding of the population age structure and assist managers to develop hunting regulations.

Other Conservation Projects
SCIF has also awarded over $83,000 in smaller conservation research grants. These grants have funded projects at universities, state governments, and other wildlife conservation efforts. Most grants are in the amount of $5,000 and support projects such as Rhinoceros anti-poaching efforts in Zimbabwe, wildebeest and zebra population monitoring in South Africa and mountain goat surveys in Washington State.

Source: Safari Club international Foundation

Code4

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA (2), NZ (2), UK.
Is that all ?

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
You have to take donated money in before you can dole it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoleneDoug

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG