Sako Arctos 30/06

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Sako Arctos 30/06 with optilok QD mounts and Lyman Aperture sight. I also have the factory rear sight. LOP was shortened to 13.5" they come from the factory at 14 or 14.5 I cant remember. Has the set trigger which is fairly rare. Rear scope base must be removed to properly mount the Aperture. Loosen 2 screws and slide it off. Its a 30 second operation. Return to Zero for the scope and the Aperture is superb. Scope is not included. However, rings, bases and aperture sight do go with it. It has a 21" 11 twist barrel and it is extremely accurate. I have a LOT of new brass and projectiles if you need to purchase some to make it a turn key deal. Scope can be purchased along with the rifle if desired. It is a Swaro Z3 3-10
$2100 for the rifle, bases, rings and aperture sight. As usual PM me if you want to chat or have any questions.
20220131_092340.jpg
20220131_092346.jpg
20220131_092525.jpg
20220131_092530.jpg
20220131_092628.jpg
20220131_092937.jpg
20220131_092651.jpg

I actually think these may be Leupold QD rings and bases, I'll double check to be sure.

They are Leupold QD mounts. I would recognise them anywhere!

Very fine rifles. I have one in 30-06 and 9.3x62.

The dark wood is striking, very nice!

Here are a few more pics for any of you working dog aficionados out there since y'all seem to like the dogos. This is the same pupper in the pic with the rifle, just in business mode instead of hanging around being a couch ornament.

IMG_4897.jpg
IMG_4944.jpg
Screenshot_20220202-193734.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a lucky man, they give us soo much.
Attached photo is my son's dog Mishka, sadly she passed away a year ago, wound up with a blockage, and pneumonia, she was only 5 years old.
My apologies for the verticle pic, couldn't get it straight.
Gerry

IMG_0186.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a lucky man, they give us soo much.
Attached photo is my son's dog Mishka, sadly she passed away a year ago, wound up with a blockage, and pneumonia, she was only 5 years old.
My apologies for the verticle pic, couldn't get it straight.
Gerry
Ps, pitty the fool that picks your house with bad intentions! Lol

@Backyardsniper Very nice rifle--hope someone snaps it up soon.

I have a question regarding scope ring height that I hope you don't mind me asking. What height Leupold rings are those? I just ordered my first Sako 85 in a similar cartridge (8x57) and will likely use a set of Talley QD rings and the bases they make for the 85. I will be mounting a low power scope (Leica Amplus 1-6x24), and I'd like to have the scope mounted as low as possible without interfering with bolt movement or ejected cartridges.

Low rings should be fine with the 70 degree bolt lift, but I've read a lot about the 85's ejection issues (primarily on larger cartridges; i.e. .375+ and magnum lengths) with large scopes/turrets or those mounted too low, so I'm concerned I'll have an issue with the low rings and will have to step up to the medium heights. Trying to decide if I should just go with the mediums up front and avoid a potential headache. The Talley Sako base adds a little bit of height, too, so that might provide some space and make the low rings a possibility. I just don't want any ejection issues.

Again, hope someone buys this Arctos. If it sticks around too long, I may find myself buying my second Sako!

Last edited:
I should have already marked this. I actually have a trade pending. I will check the height on those rings. I'm pretty sure they are low rings. That is a 42mm scope and it sits as low as it possibly can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!