SAFETY WARNING!

I just can't see how a traditional bolt action is safer, the lockup is weaker if anything.
Strength is only one part of the equation, how a gun I desigen to protect the shooter if something fails is just as important. And there lies the beauty of the m98!
When working the Blaser R93 is probably 5-10 times stronger then it need to be. Good. Helps nothing when it fails.

as the above post says, you have to respect the failsafe aspect of the mauser 98 design.
the fact that an action designed in the 1800s can function quite safely with such rounds as 7mm rem mag for a lifetime speaks loudly for both the design and the safety if something goes wrong.
metals then were nothing like metals today.
if they started to fail, they set back rather than letting go.
they had a safety lug at the root of the bolt handle.
they directed gas away from the shooter.
an ammount of thought obviously went into what would happen under less than ideal conditions, and was engineered in.
somewhere in this thread it mentions a test done in australia of a straight pull action.
it mentions fingers breaking off one by one.
could these fingers have been not bearing evenly in their recesses, allowing one or a few to take all the thrust?
if one lug is not bearing in a mauser, the other one will set back until both bear, taking equal load.
soft steel does have some benefits.
bruce.

I don’t know why this post still exists. It was started years ago about some failures with the Blaser R93 which is no longer made. Since so few of them had a problem I am certain there are underlying reason for the failure that are out of Blasers control.
Kill this once and for all!

Interesting video on guns with obstructed barrels blowing up (or not), shot at 4000 frames per second.

That test is 100% bullshit. If you believe that I can sell you the USS Missouri going cheap. Questions to ask, what ammo was used in each test? How many slugs were in each barrel? How tight was the vice done up on each rifle. Look how far back each rifle recoils.

It was the barrel that went not the action. The Rem 700 actions have been PROVEN to be some of the strongest going. Period.

That video has been discredited that many times since it first came out it is not funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross