Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State, Mpumalanga)
I just received the news that the PH I hunted with in 2013 has emigrated to the USA. He did not see a future for himself in the RSA, and much less for his children.

Quite sad having to take such a decision, leaving your country, family, friends.....

That is sad.

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Do you know what state he moved to?

Working for a South African company as I do, I have many conversations with South Africans about the situation there. It is very depressing for many well-educated professionals. As you said, they see a bleak future for their children in their own country.

There seems to be a bunch of South Africans moving to the states and some looking to move in the future as soon as their papers clear.

There seems to be a bunch of South Africans moving to the states and some looking to move in the future as soon as their papers clear.

A large percentage of our doctors are South African and have been for some time now.

You know most of us in the US have ancestors who immigrated here. Nothing new in that regard, but of course the Africaaners had a very similar history. Their ancestors just happened to go to Africa instead of America or Australia.

It is sad for Africa to loose the people who have the ability to improve the place. Africa is such a mix of terrible circumstances and situations, yet wondrous places with amazingly great people (of all colors) mixed in with all the bad. It never ceases to amaze me with the contrasts and extremes.

Hell, even the guy that lives in the whitehouse immigrated here from Kenya. I would gladly return him in exchange for a couple PH's.

Not so far off for me. My father who is 67 went to 1st grade speaking French. His mom spoke little English she died only 5 years ago. Here in our area our roots a still strong. Good luck to them I hope he finds what he is looking for.

White south africans also turn up in Norway....we have people formerly employed by SASOL in our domestic oil company....same story, they see no future for themselves and their kids..

We have a plant here and enlarging this year
We have some in our area as well.

No idea what state he moved to. He is an irrigation technician besides a PH.
I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Do you know what state he moved to?

Working for a South African company as I do, I have many conversations with South Africans about the situation there. It is very depressing for many well-educated professionals. As you said, they see a bleak future for their children in their own country.

Sad news indeed. Even for us the "Bittereinders " even more so. The professionals that we need are the ones that are in demand oversees. It also depletes the population that creates work, spins money and pay tax. It is sad and often feels like a let down when people leave because we were born and bred hear over the centuries. My concern is also for my children (twins 13 years old). Me and my better half were relative advanced when they were born. We are past the age where people will accept us oversees, although we are both professionals, she a pharmacist and me an educator.

Sorry packing out, don't want to sound bitter, but sure as hell leaves a bit of a acid taste due to the reversed racism and a quiet "West" that were there for them but has forsaken us.

Dam I love Africa! It is sad when you become a second class citizen in the country your ancestors helped build up through 6 or 7 generations. Enough said.

@spekieries, This all sounds very familiar to me, a couple of centuries back, Italians, French and Spaniards, settled the north of Africa, what today is Libya, Tunis, Algeria and Morocco.

From the middle of last century these countries regained full independence, and the European settlers were gradually forced out, with very little compensation, if any, for all they had toiled during generations.

And yes, I am one of them.

I just received the news that the PH I hunted with in 2013 has emigrated to the USA. He did not see a future for himself in the RSA, and much less for his children.

Quite sad having to take such a decision, leaving your country, family, friends.....

Without the need to meet him or his family I can say he is a lot more welcome than the immigrants obama is bring in.

you can say that again!

Whites are a minority in South Africa. I am shocked. You mean minorities are not catered and pandered to in South Africa? They have no future? What is the world coming to. Maybe one day, white lives will matter. I will send a letter to Pres Zuma and his cousin, B. Hussein O. I will ask for equality for all humans, even the 17% that are white.

FWB

There is very little white in the so called "rainbow-state".....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross