SA Customs Question

hunting4sanity

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
308
Reaction score
209
Location
eastern Washington
Media
27
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
Someone from my home town wants me to take a camera over to the outfitter in South Africa for them. They had an earlier trip with the same outfitter and intended on this camera to be part of the tip. I'm just wondering, are there any issues taking a new-in-the-box camera into South Africa as a gift? Any import taxes, etc. that I'll need to pay? Thanks, Randy.
 
Pack the camera in your carry on bag. You should not have any issues.

Someone from my home town wants me to take a camera over to the outfitter in South Africa for them. They had an earlier trip with the same outfitter and intended on this camera to be part of the tip. I'm just wondering, are there any issues taking a new-in-the-box camera into South Africa as a gift? Any import taxes, etc. that I'll need to pay? Thanks, Randy.
 
With Mr. Grage in your carry on, no one knows its a permanent import... You'll be just fine..
My best always.
 
If you're worried, leave the box behind. Charge the battery, take a few pictures around the house, attach the carry strap .... Looks like your camera or back-up camera. Regardless, put it in your carry-on.
 
Thanks for all the advice and input. I'm hoping that in just a couple of weeks I'll be able to offer advice/help to others, I'm sure I still won't be an expert, but at least I will have a first hand experience of Africa!
 
Thanks for all the advice and input. I'm hoping that in just a couple of weeks I'll be able to offer advice/help to others, I'm sure I still won't be an expert, but at least I will have a first hand experience of Africa!

Camera, pictures, stories. You will be the expert of your hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,803
Members
169,620
Latest member
jun88v4mobi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top