RUSSIA: WARNING: AGENT: Larry Bryant

HunterChris

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Europe
Hunting Russia could be a hunt of a Lifetime but if the Hunt has the Name Larry Bryant attached to it - I would avoid the hunt like the plague!
Larry Bryant is a Thief in Every Sense of the word.
We had a trip booked with him and he ran off with all of our deposits - We had 10 people going on this trip for Brown Bear & Moose so you do the math and see how much money he ran off with. We found out that there would not be a hunt waiting for us when we landed in Russia just 5 days before the trip.

This is just a word to the wise - Avoid this guy at all costs. - You can google his name and see what comes up.

Feel free to contact me if you need additional info

Reactions: BWH
Please feel free to fill in more details right here.

Which Outfitter were you supposed to hunt with?
Is Larry an Agent?
Where is he located?
Any legal action pending?

Welcome to AH sir! Sorry to hear of this issue. As @BRICKBURN noted please post your details here.

A quick google search brought up quite a history. Do tell more...

I think it was called Far East Russian Outfitter.
He was based out of Kamchatka There really is nothing that we can do right now.
He is an american living in Russia. We were going to contact the FBI but until he comes back into the US there is nothing to be done. Normally I would have done more homework on this trip but I was going to hunt with 2 celebrity hunters so I just figured that it would be ok. It wasnt & he screwed us out of about $40,000 in Deposits.

Make sure that Larry Bryant has nothing to do with your trip. Those are similar prices to what I was given. If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.
Anyway - You can check out your outfitter with a few different organizations - SCI being one of them.

Good luck on the trip & Hunt Safe

Chris

According to GOT Hunts, he scammed out their consulting office and they had to pay the outfitter directly so their clients could hunt. To me as a hunter, that would send red flags out about all involved as an outfitter shouldn't be rated on one or 2 hunts. I try, at least, to do an internet search, call or write references, and read reviews. I would wonder if you could get charges pressed on him and then file with homeland security so he could be apprehended when he tries to come in the country again.

Normally, I would do my homework on the outfitter but I was hunting with 2 "Celebrity" Hunters and stupidly, I assumed that they had already did that. We were going to have the FBI do an investigation but there is only so much they can do as long as he lives in Russia.
The only thing that I can do is to warn other hunters about what a scumbag Larry Bryant is. We are not the first party he scammed out of our deposits. He has done this several times and if you google his name, you will see for yourself, as I am sure you have already done.

Well - Good luck to all of you this season & as always - Hunt Safe

Russia is a great place to get ripped off. Shady outfitters and agents abound there.

What did your "celebrity" hunters have to say about it? Many times especially with tv show hunters they take any hunt they can get. With little knowledge of the outfitter or area they advertise the hunt. Lots of bad hunts have been sold because they saw it on TV

They were the ones that were in touch with the FBI.
These are friends and I usually do trust them but next time I do my own homework lol
Thanks for the info James. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
They were the ones that were in touch with the FBI.
These are friends and I usually do trust them but next time I do my own homework lol
Thanks for the info James. Thanks again
Were the "celebrity hunters" getting a free hunt? I've worried about this issue coming up where they get a free hunt and pile on other hunters to hunt with them to pay the bill.
I am personally not going strange places like Russia without booking with a top agent like Bob Kern of The Hunting Consortium. I saw how well he organizes hunts while hunting Kyrgyzstan. Although I did not book with him I was in a camp where others did. They rolled out the red carpet when his clients arrived!
Sorry for your trouble.
Regards,
Philip

One of the Celebs got a free hunt because they organized the hunt but the other lost $10k
I have hunted with her many times before and everything always went smooth - I never blamed her for it. It was what it was.

Thanks James.

I wonder if you would be better hiring a Russian collection agency or lawyer. Maybe a lien on his plane. I imagine in Russia, they'll just take the engine out or cut off his ear.

I'm sorry for your financial loss.... hopefully, your celebrity friends would oblige you on a comped hunts to compensate for your loss. In meantime, duly noted about the below board activity in Russia. Unfortunately, skepticism is becoming a great quality for hobby.

I actually hunt one of their ranches every year for free. friends always look out for friends.
at this point I am over it. I just wanted to make other people aware of the dangers of hunting Russia. It is not the Huge Bears that you have to worry about. its the scam artists.
Hope everyone has a safe and prosperous season.

Thanks again

So ,you 're absolutely right about your warning about hunting in Russia.It is a different country and different lows but before going there you must be sure that you have different rights and you should find outfitters who work without deposit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois