Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI & DSC
Hunted
Canada, Namibia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Tajikistan
Looking to move my Ruger M77 Magnum chambered in 416 Rigby. One owner rifle - bought new in 1995.

As the pictures show this is an outstanding rifle in excellent condition. The gun has been hunted in Africa a few times but shows a little evidence of this.

There are a few small marks on the stock that do reflect the marginal use. The rifle features a 24 inch barrel and Factory Ruger Scope Rings topped with a Leupold M8-4x. I did have this rifle Mag-na-Ported as I've done with all my larger rifles.

A close look at the pictures will show you all the details - additional pictures available upon request. PM with any questions

Would like to move everything in the photo with the rifle. Asking $4,500 - Located in SW Michigan.

416 -1.jpg
416 -2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the magnaport help the recoil on a large bore? Does the noise level also increase?

It makes shooting much more pleasant. I don’t feel like I need to layer up and use a shooting pad quite as badly. For my .338s I can shoot quite a bit in just a tee shirt. In my non-ported rifles the barrel lift is considerable - with my ported rifles, there is no noticeable lift.

As far as noise is concerned, as I don’t notice much difference as the shooter. I have had PHs and guides say they bark a bit more.

Just sold my RSM 416 which was magnaported on GB two weeks ago. No takers here on AH. Good luck!!!

Open to reasonable offers.

End of week bump…

End of week bump…

Price drop $4,200

Alright - let’s change it up…

Just the rifle with factory rings - bare firearm with no scope or ammo included. The open sights are intact, I put the front blade back in today.

Updated asking price of $3,500 to your FFL

This is more than fair. Put in on Gunsinternational.com for a bigger audience if necessary.

I’ve got a 1994 RSM .416Rigby with original box I’ll consider selling if anyone is looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeMom

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg