Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI & DSC
Hunted
Canada, Namibia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Tajikistan
Looking to move my Ruger M77 Magnum chambered in 416 Rigby. One owner rifle - bought new in 1995.

As the pictures show this is an outstanding rifle in excellent condition. The gun has been hunted in Africa a few times but shows a little evidence of this.

There are a few small marks on the stock that do reflect the marginal use. The rifle features a 24 inch barrel and Factory Ruger Scope Rings topped with a Leupold M8-4x. I did have this rifle Mag-na-Ported as I've done with all my larger rifles.

A close look at the pictures will show you all the details - additional pictures available upon request. PM with any questions

Would like to move everything in the photo with the rifle. Asking $4,500 - Located in SW Michigan.

416 -1.jpg
416 -2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the magnaport help the recoil on a large bore? Does the noise level also increase?

It makes shooting much more pleasant. I don’t feel like I need to layer up and use a shooting pad quite as badly. For my .338s I can shoot quite a bit in just a tee shirt. In my non-ported rifles the barrel lift is considerable - with my ported rifles, there is no noticeable lift.

As far as noise is concerned, as I don’t notice much difference as the shooter. I have had PHs and guides say they bark a bit more.

Just sold my RSM 416 which was magnaported on GB two weeks ago. No takers here on AH. Good luck!!!

Open to reasonable offers.

End of week bump…

End of week bump…

Price drop $4,200

Alright - let’s change it up…

Just the rifle with factory rings - bare firearm with no scope or ammo included. The open sights are intact, I put the front blade back in today.

Updated asking price of $3,500 to your FFL

This is more than fair. Put in on Gunsinternational.com for a bigger audience if necessary.

I’ve got a 1994 RSM .416Rigby with original box I’ll consider selling if anyone is looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeroldBonn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.