Ruger M77 Alaskan vs Guide Gun

Here's my Alaskan in 416 Ruger. Installed a new H-S Precision stock on it today. Very pleased!
20190220_175229.jpg

Rifle weighs 7lbs 15oz. Same as it did with factory Hogue stock. Much slimmer forend and very stiff. Has full aluminum bedding block as well.
Stockys has them in stock for $400.00

Just looked at the options on the H-S website. Think I would go for either black or black with spruce. Tempting.

Just looked at the options on the H-S website. Think I would go for either black or black with spruce. Tempting.
Look at the Stockys website. Some of the colors are an upcharge. Black would not be extra. Not sure about spruce. And also not sure how many colors they have in stock. If you order through H-S Precision, you'll have to wait for it to be built. Stockys has them in stock for less money.

I have been going back and forth and finally decided that I like Toby's stock more than Idmay375's. I have also decided that I need to focus on more productive endeavors than coveting other men's rifle stocks.

I have been going back and forth and finally decided that I like Toby's stock more than Idmay375's. I have also decided that I need to focus on more productive endeavors than coveting other men's rifle stocks.
Firearm envy, it happens to all of us at one time or another. Don't worry it's usually not harmful.

Now that is funny right there. I've always thought that if it lasted more than four hours that "she" should be seeking medical help.

Ha, I'm at the point where if it lasts more then 4 hours you might as well call the coroner.

Ha, I'm at the point where if it lasts more then 4 hours you might as well call the coroner.
I was going to "like" this but then thought that might be looked upon as cruel. That is funny though.

That's ok reality is sometimes very cruel. At least I'm still here to joke about it.

John, you had me bursting with laughter on this !!!
I was only partly joking. Lets be glad you didn't both get Boyd's stocks. Then I would have been staying up comparing your and Toby's wood. That could really be very awkward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg