Ruger Express 30/06

Lordy… this would have paired so nicely with my RSM…

I thought I was done buying another .30-06, now I need to go find one of these for myself

Fortunately you're not limited to 30-06. You can also find the Express models in 25-06, 270 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag & 338 Win Mag. Unfortunately there's no guarantee on how difficult or frustrating that search will be.

AH_RugerCatalog.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6345.jpeg
    IMG_6345.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6349.jpeg
    IMG_6349.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6348.jpeg
    IMG_6348.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6354.jpeg
    IMG_6354.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6346.jpeg
    IMG_6346.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6344.jpeg
    IMG_6344.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
Lordy… this would have paired so nicely with my RSM…

I thought I was done buying another .30-06, now I need to go find one of these for myself

Ed Z
I put the African 35 Whelen with my RSM. The wood on the RSM is far and away better, but they look good together. They'll look really good in the bush..
 
Forgive my ignorance, but it this basically the forerunner to the African Hawkeye? I've seen so many of us longing for another run of 30-06's.
Not really. The Hawkeyes are low budget guns compared to the RSE M77s.

I have one in 30-06 too, although OP’s stock is a much better cut of Cicisrian wood than mine. Most RSEs are CRF too.

If you want to take an ‘06 to Africa, zero-ed with 220grn ammo (ala Ernest Hemingway), this is the rifle you want. It just exudes that classy ‘African rifle’ look.

IMG_1022.jpeg
 
Is the 06 still available?
 
30/06 is SOLD. The 308 is for sale. I’ll list it this weekend.
 
If you want to take an ‘06 to Africa, zero-ed with 220grn ammo (ala Ernest Hemingway), this is the rifle you want. It just exudes that classy ‘African rifle’ look.
A 30-06 is designed to work best in terms of terminal ballistics for a 165-180 grns projectile. Pushing a 220 grns albeit possible comes at the cost of steep drop in trajectory and increase in felt recoil
 
For sub 200 yard hunting, 220s are just lovely.
A 30-06 is designed to work best in terms of terminal ballistics for a 165-180 grns projectile. Pushing a 220 grns albeit possible comes at the cost of steep drop in trajectory and increase in felt recoil
For African bushveld hunting, 150yds would be a very long shot.

So yes, where 99% of your shots on critters in that habitat are sub-200yds, a premium 220grn ‘06 slug, such as Woodleigh makes, has you covered.

“Felt-recoil” is relative. …. After a session with my 404 Jeffrey, the impact of my old 1942 Winchester M70’s steel buttplate seems quite tame with factory 220grn ammo.
 
After many delays by the USPS, the long-awaited Express finally arrived! It’s just as gorgeous as it looked in the pictures. Purchase with confidence from Dogman. Communication was great, the transaction was easy, and he packed it extremely well. 10/10.
 
Thank you. And dealing with Whelan was just as easy and painless. A great buyer. Great communication and the sale went just as well. 10/10. I would deal with him again no issues!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,054
Members
169,692
Latest member
PrestonWat
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top