Ruger .450/400

Glenn I think you did the right thing....after all it is the season of giving! You just gave to yourself with a glad heart at the time I’m sure.
Absolutely
Don't feel bad I bought one last week, it came with 2 boxes of ammo. I'm very pleased with it so far. I too have been saving for a hunt, I could have went on 2 safaris just about with what I spent in guns this year due to the influence here. Maybe add a reciever sight in addition to a new recoil pad. Only because mine looks alittle wore form being stood up. My 13 year old son took one shot, only cause I thought he could do it and would not get hurt by the recoil. It was alittle much for him, but he did it and smiled. Good luck with the rifle
and now I’m looking at a Blaser R8. ‍♂️
 
You are correct on it needing some checkering, along with the 9.3x74 and 7x57 #1's I also restocked. My checkering skills aren't quite to the point that I will touch these, on a straight grained black walnut with simple pattern's I am acceptable. But not ready to tackle these or a bolt gun I am finishing up. There isn't anyone local that I would trust to do the job. So If you know a good checker that doesn't charge a arm and a leg?

Kinda scary when I read your reply. I just bought a No 1 in 9.3x74 and one in 7x57. I guess great minds think alike?
 
@Glenn Slaven I like my #1's (Not quite as much as the doubles though) I have used a number of treebone carving products over the years on #1's, marlin and winchester leverguns and a odd rolling block or two. I have a nice english walnut set for my marlin 45/70 that is one of my winter projects. In your 7x57 is it the mannlicher or sporter style?
 
@Glenn Slaven I like my #1's (Not quite as much as the doubles though) I have used a number of treebone carving products over the years on #1's, marlin and winchester leverguns and a odd rolling block or two. I have a nice english walnut set for my marlin 45/70 that is one of my winter projects. In your 7x57 is it the mannlicher or sporter style?
It’s in the sporter version. I’m still looking forward to this years Hawkeye when they release it.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,401
Messages
1,575,121
Members
170,223
Latest member
Molly91615
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top