Ruger .416 Rigby For Sale

jsnhghs

Reaction score
Up for sale is a Ruger magnum chambered in .416 Rigby.
It has the 3 position safety, not the tang safety, the 3 blade safari style sights, beautiful wood and bluing.
Included in the sell is a J.Unterl 4x Hawk scope and 40 rounds of Hornady 400 gr DGX bonded ammo.
$3000 obo + shipping and insurance

It is listed on one other forum that is local to me in Louisiana.
I’m just thinning the herd and decided to stick with its twin chambered in .375 H&H instead.

Thank you for looking.

IMG_8538.jpeg
IMG_8539.jpeg
IMG_8541.jpeg
IMG_8540.jpeg
IMG_8542.jpeg
IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8543.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg
IMG_8546.jpeg
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8548.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any interest trade for cz 550 458 lott

A damn shame I live "Down Under"; the rifles that I see here on A H sorely tempt me, but the expense and hassle getting one here, from there is horrendous!! being Ruger fanatic, this one is awesome! Already have dies, cases, and some projectiles to suit ...

A damn shame I live "Down Under"; the rifles that I see here on A H sorely tempt me, but the expense and hassle getting one here, from there is horrendous!! being Ruger fanatic, this one is awesome! Already have dies, cases, and some projectiles to suit ...
Know how you feel Geoff, we simply don’t have the volume of big game rifles being traded in Australia and when they are available the prices are commensurate with their relative rarity.

Amazing rifle and deal, good luck with the sale. Someone is certainly taking a beauty home!!

Is this a RSM or safari magnum or?? Sorry I cannot tell by looking or smart enough to know
differences. Thanks What is serial no or date of mfg,

One and the same, just different names. As far as I understand, RSM was Bill Ruger's official designation, safari a sort of add-on/variation. Stand corrected on this ...

I’m glad the experts clarified if it was a safari magnum or just magnum because I wasn’t sure myself

I’ll be home this evening and can look up the manufacturing date for you.

Is this a RSM or safari magnum or?? Sorry I cannot tell by looking or smart enough to know
differences. Thanks What is serial no or date of mfg,
According to the serial number search on Ruger’s website it was manufactured in 1998 and model # 07502

The only trade I can really think of at the moment would be a STI Tactical 4.0 Blackout in 9mm.
So if you’re sitting on one of those and want to work a deal I’m all ears!

Nice looking rifle...........I have never seen one without a barrel band swivel on the 416 Rigby......but it appears that they went both ways......should sell quickly at such a good price....best of luck.......FWB

Nice looking rifle...........I have never seen one without a barrel band swivel on the 416 Rigby......but it appears that they went both ways......should sell quickly at such a good price....best of luck.......FWB
Geoff, this is an early model RSM. swivel band is under the forearm.

Sierra One, were they dovetailed into the barrel?
No, the steel ring goes around the barrel then the tip protrudes through the wood of the forearm where another piece of steel screws into it. No sure I know exactly what you mean by dovetailing.

No, the steel ring goes around the barrel then the tip protrudes through the wood of the forearm where another piece of steel screws into it. No sure I know exactly what you mean by dovetailing.
Please, ignore my ignorance ...

Please, ignore my ignorance ...
Geoff it may be my ignorance, but I am sure this is first or second year of the RSMs. All three of the calibers were constructed in this manner. You may have to talk to someone who has owned one and disassembled it to get a proper answer. @ActionBob or @AZDAVE can you help with the nomenclature on the assembly of this early RSM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarenBrink

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.