Ruger #1 Gunsmith Recommendations (in U.S.)?

Tony Parisi

AH member
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm considering having some work done on one of my Ruger #1 rifles and was wondering if anyone had a U.S. -based rifle-smith they could recommend; perhaps someone who specializes in the Ruger #1. Many Thanks!

Gary Reeder in Flagstaff, AZ does a lot of custom work in #1's
Good luck,
Cody

SSK Industries (JDJones) made my 577Nitro

Thanks! Anyone else? Looking mainly for accuracy work, trigger jobs, rebarreling/rechambering, restocking, etc.
By that it sounds like you don't like the Ruger No.1 very well.o_O:rolleyes:

Did you just purchase a action and need the rest?

Don't try and find anyone to help you on the accuracy of a #1, they are quite finicky in what they like to shoot and how you do it. I have a number of them and just a slight turn of the for-end screw will throw the accuracy off quite a bit. But once you have found the load and the screw tension you will have a fantastic shooting rifle.

Two of my #1's will shoot sub moa at 400 yards all day long. But it took me a long time to get them there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will94L99

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double