Tra3

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
My daughter is in England for school. Looks like we will have a trip to visit her over Christmas break. Do any of you have suggestions for a roe deer hunt over there? Or any type of hunt for that matter!!

Am I too late to plan a hunt?
@375Fox have you hunted Roe there?

I have not hunted England yet. Unfortunately though roe deer don’t grow their antlers on a regular cycle. They grow antlers late winter/early spring, rut July/August, and lose their antlers later in the fall, so Christmas isn’t the right time to hunt them. Maybe a fallow deer or muntjac hunt would be possible?

I have not hunted England yet. Unfortunately though roe deer don’t grow their antlers on a regular cycle. They grow antlers late winter/early spring, rut July/August, and lose their antlers later in the fall, so Christmas isn’t the right time to hunt them. Maybe a fallow deer or muntjac hunt would be possible?
This is helpful as I know very little about roe deer. Reading your comments about hunting them has me very interested to do so.
Our plans are not finalized, so I’m going to try and sneak in some hunting options!

My daughter is in England for school. Looks like we will have a trip to visit her over Christmas break. Do any of you have suggestions for a roe deer hunt over there? Or any type of hunt for that matter!!

Am I too late to plan a hunt?
@375Fox have you hunted Roe there?
Roe deer bucks season ends Oct 31st. However, Roe does are in season. I would suggest looking at doing a Muntjac and Chinese Water Deer hunt as these are two species you wont be able to hunt elsewhere. Fallow bucks and Red stags in season too but speaking honestly id head somewhere like Hungary or Romania for these unless you want a highland experience in Scotland. Feel free to drop me a PM and I can offer some more advise / guides to look at.

Check with @Scrumbag
He could have some suggestions.

Hockham Deer Hunting a management. I hunted with them on our honey moon. Best bang for the buck and fantastic people. Many great meals had with the group there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg