Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, RSA, Namibia, Cameroon, Mozambique, Canada, USA
Hi all,

I am just posting this up for anyone who is interested in this rifle and would like to see it in action since there is not a ton of information on the internet about it. This is me shooting the rifle at approximately 20 yards. I will post the video of my son shooting it as well down below. In my opinion, the rifle recoils as expected and wasn't anything to unmanageable for a caliber of this size. Enjoy!

Hi @pigsticker

Thanks for the post. I also have a Rizzini in 470NE. I have used it on elephant and rhino with great results. In the ideal world the rifle is a little light for a 470 but I never felt the kick at the moment of truth on either hunt.

I may have gotten luckily with mine, but my Rizzini 470 is very accurate with DGX/DGX ammo, about 1" or just a bit more at 50 meters off of Viper Flex shooting sticks.

For the money it has turned out to be a very good double for me.

Houston Bill

Hi @pigsticker

Thanks for the post. I also have a Rizzini in 470NE. I have used it on elephant and rhino with great results. In the ideal world the rifle is a little light for a 470 but I never felt the kick at the moment of truth on either hunt.

I may have gotten luckily with mine, but my Rizzini 470 is very accurate with DGX/DGX ammo, about 1" or just a bit more at 50 meters off of Viper Flex shooting sticks.

For the money it has turned out to be a very good double for me.

Houston Bill
Glad to hear from a fellow owner out there and that you have had a good experience with it. I have purchased both the Hornaday and Barnes in solids and softs to sort out which is the best for this rifle. I can't wait to put it to work in the real world one of these days. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MirandaU08

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.