Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, RSA, Namibia, Cameroon, Mozambique, Canada, USA
Hi all,

I am just posting this up for anyone who is interested in this rifle and would like to see it in action since there is not a ton of information on the internet about it. This is me shooting the rifle at approximately 20 yards. I will post the video of my son shooting it as well down below. In my opinion, the rifle recoils as expected and wasn't anything to unmanageable for a caliber of this size. Enjoy!

Hi @pigsticker

Thanks for the post. I also have a Rizzini in 470NE. I have used it on elephant and rhino with great results. In the ideal world the rifle is a little light for a 470 but I never felt the kick at the moment of truth on either hunt.

I may have gotten luckily with mine, but my Rizzini 470 is very accurate with DGX/DGX ammo, about 1" or just a bit more at 50 meters off of Viper Flex shooting sticks.

For the money it has turned out to be a very good double for me.

Houston Bill

Hi @pigsticker

Thanks for the post. I also have a Rizzini in 470NE. I have used it on elephant and rhino with great results. In the ideal world the rifle is a little light for a 470 but I never felt the kick at the moment of truth on either hunt.

I may have gotten luckily with mine, but my Rizzini 470 is very accurate with DGX/DGX ammo, about 1" or just a bit more at 50 meters off of Viper Flex shooting sticks.

For the money it has turned out to be a very good double for me.

Houston Bill
Glad to hear from a fellow owner out there and that you have had a good experience with it. I have purchased both the Hornaday and Barnes in solids and softs to sort out which is the best for this rifle. I can't wait to put it to work in the real world one of these days. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg