Rigby sporter 275 - which is the one to go for?

Beautiful rifle. Congratulations.:thumb:

very very nice :beer: its been interesting watching the photos as the build progressed. i noticed that the rear fixed/standing sight has been removed and only the folding leaves remain, what was the problem/reason there?

very very nice :beer: its been interesting watching the photos as the build progressed. i noticed that the rear fixed/standing sight has been removed and only the folding leaves remain, what was the problem/reason there?

Is it possible that integrating a peep sight to the end of the bolt causes to much obstruction and doesn't allow the standing sight to remain?

Is it possible that integrating a peep sight to the end of the bolt causes to much obstruction and doesn't allow the standing sight to remain?

its a possibility, but on 2 of my rigbys that have the peep lifting out of the bolt, when you line up the front bead in the peep sight the front bead is sitting in the v of the rear fixed standing sight, all in line.

its a possibility, but on 2 of my rigbys that have the peep lifting out of the bolt, when you line up the front bead in the peep sight the front bead is sitting in the v of the rear fixed standing sight, all in line.

I agree. You can still look through the peep and v to see the front sight. The problem for me is the standing sight blocks the bottom 1/2 of my field of vision when using the peep, and the peep causes some obstruction as well. As my vision deteriorates it makes it harder for me. Especially in low light situations.

I am certainly not saying it can't be used the way your rigbys are made. username will have to use it that way when using the leaves. Just a little harder for some of us as our eyes go.

The rifle could be a near clone of my period .318 Wesley Richards. Your maker did beautiful work. All of my sight leaves fold on my rifle so the peep is very usable.

And that is amazingly fast stock making work! Simply a beautiful rifle.

Nice to see the finished gun, it's absolutely stunning.

Regarding the front sight, the fixed leaf was not optimal in combination with the Ghost ring sight - thats why!

This firearm is another stunning example of the work from Dorleac & Dorleac.

Congratulations on your purchase, this incredible firearm.

I have looked at examples of Joel's work many times and it never ceases to amaze me the attention to detail and the quality of finish of that detail.

A stunning rifle to be out in the field with !

Best of luck,

Paul.

Fantastic rifle, looks much like a Westley Richards 7x57 I owned many years ago, wish I still had it after looking at this rifle! Congrats!

Paul Roberts new email address is safaris@jroberts-gunmakers.co.uk . Alternatively Marc Newton at J Rigby & Co (Marcn@johnrigbyandco.com) who can source you a nice old one. He has just restored a great one for me from the year 1911. Picture attached 5.jpg

:) Still have to finish paying for the work, but it's coming on nicely tho,no?

Pretty damned smart,lovely in fact

I would like to own both of them. But since I am right handed, the 1911 model would be preferred. (but that new lefty sure is gorgeous)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg