Rigby scope mounting issues

Jeez if you can afford to buy a new rigby .....just put the correct mounts....me I would have it fitted with claw mounts..my favourite type.... very fast on and off....no pissing around with levers etc....
 
I have re read this thread a few times and I confess I’m a bit confused.
The QD system Rigby and Mauser use for the DSB rifles is a tired and true system. You can get the mounts for 500ish in the US. From my experience mounting the scope is fairly straightforward.
Drilling a tapping this rifle would be the wrong decision. The rifle is built around using that QD system and I think the Talley mounts would probably not even work.

I would recommend buying the right mounts mounts, keeping the rifle as it was intended and have a rifle you can use for the rest of your life. And if you decide to move it along it will still have its value. The four little wholes could nock 5k if not more off its value.
This. …. No kidding.

If his local ‘smiff is a budget-conscious dude named Bubba McFuddley, you can be assured that his D&T work will substantially de-value a $40K rifle. Might as well take a ball-peen hammer to the receiver.
 
From what I have read here on the forum, the comments were always "don't try to mount this yourself as it will end up needing different parts, etc"
I meant to hit reply 1st and not thumbs up. Anyway, I ordered the Recknagel mounts and installed them myself without having to order anything else.
 
@degoins

A 'power user pro tip' ... or do they call them 'life hacks' now?

If you 'like' a post, and then want to remove the 'like' - just click on the 'like' button again. Your 'like' will disappear.

I've said 'like' so much in this post I sound like a teenager - but you get the idea.
 
@degoins

A 'power user pro tip' ... or do they call them 'life hacks' now?

If you 'like' a post, and then want to remove the 'like' - just click on the 'like' button again. Your 'like' will disappear.

I've said 'like' so much in this post I sound like a teenager - but you get the idea.
I thought you would like to be a teenager again, after all it was a long time ago the first time around ….. :E Angel:
gumpy
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,670
Members
169,602
Latest member
EvaOliva6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top