Rigby made in California......any experience

I think that what you just said here is the bottom line of this discussion.
The CA Rigby might be a perfectly capable DR, but it's no Vintage Rigby....which is fine as long as the buyer realizes that.

The issue I had with the CA Rigby is that Geoff Miller was a Phoney Marine/Vitenam Vet who totally disappeared, yet he was praised and endorsed by the shameless Boddington, who praises every product that he gets a piece of.

Eh, my 2 cents anyway...

He also claims to be “double distinguished,” but there’s no record of a Geoff Miller having any distinguished badge—rifle or pistol—with the CMP. I don’t know why people make grandiose claims of easily verifiable accomplishments.

He also claims to be “double distinguished,” but there’s no record of a Geoff Miller having any distinguished badge—rifle or pistol—with the CMP. I don’t know why people make grandiose claims of easily verifiable accomplishments.
Same here, I despise people like him. What a slap in the face to the Marines.

That was Boddington's buddy though...maybe he got a free double for the write-ups. He seems to be the kind of guy who will say anything for a freebie

I do not know Geoff Miller and have no opinion. He may in fact be Marine Corps double distinguished but the CMP may not have any records of it. He went distinguished like I did, long before today's connected databases. The same happened to me...

I became a US Marine Corps Distinguished Marksman with the service rifle in 1987. By 1988 I had also earned 22 of the 30 points required to become a Distinguished Pistol Shot. Having both would have made me "double distinguished". I wasn't too concerned with that since I was a rifle shooter at heart. Also, my career took a turn in 1989 when I was selected for and promoted to Warrant Officer. I spent the rest of my career serving as the Marine Corps told me to. Shooting matches wasn't in the Corps' plan for one of the few (about 10) Radar Maintenance Officers and later, Aviation Electronics Maintenance Officer (Ground).

Long retired, in 2015 I resumed shooting NRA and CMP competitive pistol. By the 2016 season I was once again "hard as woodpecker lips" and earned the 3rd Gold and another 10 distinguished points in service pistol. I became a Distinguished Pistol Shot at the Civilian Marksmanship Program's National Matches at Camp Perry, or so I thought.

What's the point of this story? The CMP had NO records of my 22 Marine Corps pistol points. When the CMP manager called out names of those to be awarded their cherished distinguished badges at the awards ceremony, no one called my name. To correct that I had to send copies of my from my service record book Page 11 (administrative remarks) and photos of my badges with my name and year earned on their back to the OIC of the Marine Corps Shooting Teams.

The OIC being a good Marine promptly corrected the administrative oversight of years back. Two weeks later at the National Rifle Championships, there was a special awards ceremony just for me. The Marine Corps Rifle Team snapped to attention and rendered me honors as the OIC presented my Distinguished Pistol Shot certificate and badge. It was appropriate because after all, the woodchuck shooting, Pennsylvania farm boy is after all these years, still a rifle shooter at heart.

I do not know Geoff Miller and have no opinion. He may in fact be Marine Corps double distinguished but the CMP may not have any records of it. He went distinguished like I did, long before today's connected databases. The same happened to me...

I became a US Marine Corps Distinguished Marksman with the service rifle in 1987. By 1988 I had also earned 22 of the 30 points required to become a Distinguished Pistol Shot. Having both would have made me "double distinguished". I wasn't too concerned with that since I was a rifle shooter at heart. Also, my career took a turn in 1989 when I was selected for and promoted to Warrant Officer. I spent the rest of my career serving as the Marine Corps told me to. Shooting matches wasn't in the Corps' plan for one of the few (about 10) Radar Maintenance Officers and later, Aviation Electronics Maintenance Officer (Ground).

Long retired, in 2015 I resumed shooting NRA and CMP competitive pistol. By the 2016 season I was once again "hard as woodpecker lips" and earned the 3rd Gold and another 10 distinguished points in service pistol. I became a Distinguished Pistol Shot at the Civilian Marksmanship Program's National Matches at Camp Perry, or so I thought.

What's the point of this story? The CMP had NO records of my 22 Marine Corps pistol points. When the CMP manager called out names of those to be awarded their cherished distinguished badges at the awards ceremony, no one called my name. To correct that I had to send copies of my from my service record book Page 11 (administrative remarks) and photos of my badges with my name and year earned on their back to the OIC of the Marine Corps Shooting Teams.

The OIC being a good Marine promptly corrected the administrative oversight of years back. Two weeks later at the National Rifle Championships, there was a special awards ceremony just for me. The Marine Corps Rifle Team snapped to attention and rendered me honors as the OIC presented my Distinguished Pistol Shot certificate and badge. It was appropriate because after all, the woodchuck shooting, Pennsylvania farm boy is after all these years, still a rifle shooter at heart.
Sincerely, you are a rock star in my book sir!!! i admire greatly both your accomplishments serving our country, your skill sets and your very enlightening posts which i always learn something new!!!

As we say down South,
"Hell Yeah"!

Appreciate your posts, and your service to our country.

CR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you