Rifles & handguns you own and have owned

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Below is a list of the rifles and handguns I have owned and shot and hunted with, over the years. Those in red I still own, all the others have passed on to another.

Marlin/Glenfield Model 60, .22 long rifle
Ruger Ranch Rifle (first gen.), .223 Remington
Winchester Model 94 Carbine, .44 Magnum
Marlin/Glenfield Model 30, 30-30 Winchester
Ruger M77 (tang safety), 30-06 Springfield
Remington 760 Pump, 30-06 Springfield
Winchester Model 70 (post-64), .300 Weatherby Magnum
Browning A-Bolt, .375 H&H
Ruger No.1 (red pad), .375 H7H
Winchester Model 70 (post-64), .458 Winchester Magnum
Weatherby Mark V, .378 Weatherby Magnum
Weatherby Mark V, .460 Weatherby Magnum
Mauser M98 (G.L. Rasch), 8mm Mauser (J-bore, .318) -> a full-on work of art...shouldn't have let it go
Mauser M98 (sporter), 30-06
Ruger Guide Gun, .416 Ruger
Ruger M77 Mark II Safari Magnum, .458 Lott

Smith & Wesson 629, .44 Magnum
Ruger Super Redhawk, .454 Casull
Freedom Arms Model 83, .475 Linebaugh

To the above I could have added a few shotguns but I've decided to keep it to single projectile arms. I'm interested in knowing, what pieces have passed through your hands (and/or remain in your possession)? Which are (or have been) a favorite? When you've a moment, please list. Thank you.

I have a M1903 Springfield in 30.06 that was customized by Griffin and Howe of New York w/ a double leaver scope side mount. I had a new side panel stock made for it in the style if Steward Edward White whi hunted Africa in the early 1900s....

I used it in 2016 to hunt plains game in Limpopo, SA

IMG_5757.JPG

dear ct dolan
anyone who answer your post listing all the firearms they own or have owned in a public forum WOULD BE PURE STUPID!
good luck to you

I'm curious as to why that would be stupid. Is it fear of the government? If you've purchased a firearm from a retailer in the last 20 years, you're already on the list.

Hell, just being a member here put you on the list. Sorry, ct Dolan, I'm just curious.

Thanks for being an asshole.

Look around, people discuss the firearms they own all of the time. Hell, they even put up pictures. It's nothing new.
Wow CT wheres that Minnesota Nice that were famous For?, and when are we going for that Burger :)

Minnesota nice is only an illusion. The brutally cold winters and uncomfortably hot summers make us cranky (even those who happen to love it, as do I). ;)

I decided to make up a list of my past acquisitions and thought it'd be interesting to see what others have owned and used over the years, as well. Therefore, the post. As for public disclosure, there's plenty of that going around already. However, if someone isn't interested in broadcasting their past and present, it's their choice. C'est la vie.

By the way, I neglected to mention one, a Winchester Model 94 in .32 Winchester Special. It was a gift from my grandfather (along with some REALLY old, vintage ammo).

I have a M1903 Springfield in 30.06 that was customized by Griffin and Howe of New York w/ a double leaver scope side mount. I had a new side panel stock made for it in the style if Steward Edward White whi hunted Africa in the early 1900s....

I used it in 2016 to hunt plains game in Limpopo, SA

View attachment 196499
Now that I really like
Mine is still in the straight hand military stock with all the markings on it never used it for hunting before

Minnesota nice is only an illusion. The brutally cold winters and uncomfortably hot summers make us cranky (even those who happen to love it, as do I). ;)

I decided to make up a list of my past acquisitions and thought it'd be interesting to see what others have owned and used over the years, as well. Therefore, the post. As for public disclosure, there's plenty of that going around already. However, if someone isn't interested in broadcasting their past and present, it's their choice. C'est la vie.

By the way, I neglected to mention one, a Winchester Model 94 in .32 Winchester Special. It was a gift from my grandfather (along with some REALLY old, vintage ammo).
The Probably the Migration of Cheese Heads and us A-holes from Chicago has something to do with degrading of the Minnesota nice thing, as far as the weather I'll take Summer over winter any time, and the Burgers at Hoppers are calling our name.

It might scare me to see a list of all the ones I have had over the years - and let go.

.22 LR Brno model 2 with warrior suppressor
.222 Musgrave Mini Mod 90 with warrior suppressor
.222 Sako(Grandma won the Namibian bisley championship three times with this rifle)
.243 Win ZKK 601 Brno
7 x 57mm Bruno Mod 21 spoon handle bolt
7 x 65R/12ga O/U Hungarian combination with claw QD scope mounts
9.3 x 74R/12ga O/U Combination gun
9.3 x 74R S x S Chapuis with Recknagel swing off mounts, in progress.
.338 Lapua Magnum, custom on a Weatherby Mark V action, with 30 1/2 inch match barrel and Warrior suppressor.
.375 H&H Remington M700 Classic(sold it, was a crap gun)
.375 H&H ZKK 602 Brno with pop up peep sight in receiver, classic stock original with barrel band
.375 H&H ZKK 602 Brno with pop up peep sight in receiver, custom.(Thinking about converting it to 375 H&H improved or re-barrel to 404 Jeff)
45-70 Gov 1895 lever action(sold it as the 9.3 x 74R makes for a much better and more versatile pig gun.
.500 JEFF ZKK 602 Brno, custom.
12ga Brno sidelock, barrels cut to 24 inches front sight fitted and rear ghost ring fitted(with Brenneke slugs this is my leopard back-up gun)
12ga FN Browning whaleback semi auto 9 shot.
12ga Greener SxS shotgun, 1905 with 30 inch Roses steel barrels.

Apart from my handguns that is it on the rifle and shotgun side.

I'm curious to know why not?
Aside from the paranoia of government seizures there's the fear of being targeted by thieves.

Several years ago my brother in law had several guns stolen and it turned out the robbery was done by an acquaintance who had heard of the guns he owned through conversation.

In this day and age it is not that hard to track down the name and address of a person from the Internet. Something a person may not go to great lengths to do normally but could find incentive when a list of guns available is provided.

The fallability of gun safe security is easily seen by watching a few YouTube videos. I'm sure some are better than others but I have seen several videos where they have opened a locked gun safe in seconds. The best security in my opinion is not letting anybody know they are there in the first place.

I won't list mine as I collect guns and have north of 300

Most thefts of guns are via acquaintance, although indirect (as you say, someone knows someone who knows).

Not that I've anything of great value (there's only three of them, anyway), I don't keep my guns on my property for that very reason. They're elsewhere (and that bit I don't share, with anyone, other than the one who knows...obviously).

I started out my career with an m-14 that had a selector, progressed through an M1 and a BAR and then the notorious M16. then onto an M60, a 3.5" rocket launcher and an M79 thumper. For a while there was an M109SP 155mm and an M2 50 cal. I no longer have any of them, all I get is a "thank you for your service". I'd give all those thank yous for any one of the above.

@CTDolan how do you like that Ruger M77 in 458 Lott? Did you add some weight to it? My 458 Lott in Ruger Model 1 kicks like a mule.

The No. 1 will kick more, I think. Less weight, stiffer assembly. That said, though, the M77 could do with an additional pound. My opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg