REPORT: Umlindi Taxidermy Eastern Cape

lol bob just think how Paul's feels dealing with me for all this time now. He may have called his wife bill by mistake as much as we have chatted.

He even started calling myself Bill these last couple of months!

Paul hasn't called me Bill or Bob yet but if all his work is as good as what he has done for my trophies he can call me what ever he wants. I just got some pics of my animals that are done. WOW! Now I have to wait for my wildebeests and monkey. Relive has been excellent to deal with and their work is as good as an I've seen.
Kudu1.jpg
Kudu2.jpg
Kudu3.jpg
Waterbuck1.jpg
Waterbuck2.jpg
Brent%20Combo2.jpg
Brent%20Combo1.jpg

Attachments

• Kudu1.jpg
    Kudu1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Brent Combo1-2.jpg
    Brent Combo1-2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Waterbuck1-2.jpg
    Waterbuck1-2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Kudu3.jpg
    Kudu3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Kudu2-2.jpg
    Kudu2-2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Waterbuck2.jpg
    Waterbuck2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Brent Combo2.jpg
    Brent Combo2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 246
Those look great!

I can't wait for more pictures of mine. I'm super pleased with what I've seen so far though.

Those mounts look great and you took some great trophies. Pauls team looks to have done a great job for you to

The ears look funky on the kudu, but his horns are beautiful

enysse
Funky good or bad on the ears?
Here is a pic of a kudu with it's ears like my mount's.
images

When I shot the bull their was another bull off to his right in the trees moving around and he was turning his satellite dish ears to listen. So that it is how I asked Paul to do the mount.
Method to my madness!
And yes, he has a very nice set of horns.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
When I shot the bull their was another bull off to his right in the trees moving around and he was turning his satellite dish ears to listen. So that it is how I asked Paul to do the mount.
Method to my madness!
Gotta love a story behind a mount. Well done I say!

Thanks for the explanation, I never saw a mount like that before.(y)(y)(y)

I have decided to have my trophies mounted in the Eastern Cape instead of dip and pack. I have reviewed several taxidermists in the area. One is Umlindi. Does any one have any knowledge of them and there work?
I'm wondering who you ended up using in the long run? Seems like you got several recommendations for other taxidermists but no real information on Umlini!

I wish you luck...Many folks have had bad experiences with SA taxidermy and dip/pack. I m one of those folks. Lets us know how it all turns out,. I used Relieve and was not satisfied at all. My Nyala had all the back stitching showing. Had to pay someone here to fix it. Yes Paul offered to pay but I was so angry and disappointed I just told him forget it. I felt as though a poor report is enough if someone asked. Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg