Report Scam in AH Classifieds

I noticed him pop up from out of nowhere with a rapid fire of posts in many categories over a short period of time. May have been running up the post count and “salting the mine”. On the surface looks like an experienced operator. Ticks me off- if a scam!! Makes everyone distrustful

I noticed him pop up from out of nowhere with a rapid fire of posts in many categories over a short period of time. May have been running up the post count and “salting the mine”. On the surface looks like an experienced operator. Ticks me off- if a scam!! Makes everyone distrustful
I noticed that too. He definitely was "salting the mine". I've seen that before on here with a couple of other scammers. And I think a couple of scammers have worked together on here before. I'm staying away from anyone on here I don't know when buying something. I also won't buy anything on GB from a NR seller. Probably legitimate, but there's no way to know for sure and I can't afford to take a $1K+ hit on my limited firearms budget.

He lives in Ackworth GA. I have an address, etc.
My guess is that won't be a good address and chances are he stole somebody elses ID to make the transaction. That has happened several times on here within the past couple of years. I'm so very sorry you got scammed.

I had a similar scenario with a smith pistol from Probono (now banned member). Sent USPS money orders via certified mail - figured out it was a scam as payment was on its way, called the local post office near the destination address and they stopped it and turned it around - had to pay $15 or so but that was a much cheaper option. Any chance you can get the mail stopped?

This is a sad side effect.

Here is a simple image search on Google.
Two AH Avatars: oldnlazy and 375fox.

Notice anything?
One is unique and likely a private personal image. The other is just stolen from the net. (Completely unrelated to hunting)

It should make you wonder.

Check the address out on Google Earth Street View
Acworth GA is well covered for instance.

Confirm a lot of details, Ask some questions.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 19.27.01.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 19.33.43.png

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. I hope this doesn’t ruin your outlook on the site as a whole. I’ve not done many purchases here, but we should establish some best practices amongst longer term members. It seems like a call with FaceTime would be one thing to reduce scams.

This site should be about fun and nothing else. Unfortunately, in our modern world, few things are.

Exactly.

Be mindful, the more popular this site gets the more scammers will be aware of AH too.

Exactly.

Be mindful, the more popular this site gets the more scammers will be aware of AH too.
I have found that any site that has a Classified section will also have scammers sooner or later.

Some scammers just like to invest time on the site until they shaft someone

I swear if I ever get stage 4 cancer, some of these dirtbags will be on my list. It would be a fun hunt and successful.

I need some help to recover $1800. I have the guys address that I mailed a check to. This site has proven to be a scammers paradise. Acworth GA. Screen name is Lazy

I need help recovering $1800 from Lazy on this site. I tried to recover the funds through BofA. They are useless. This Ahole lives in Acworth GA. This site has become a parasite for scammers.

I need help recovering $1800 from Lazy on this site. I tried to recover the funds through BofA. They are useless. This Ahole lives in Acworth GA. This site has become a parasite for scammers.
Did you call and talk with the person? Ask for references? Any doubts, ship to an FFL or other trusted go between like https://www.guntab.com/escrow

I'm sorry you lost money to a scammer.

Having said that, I don't agree that AH has become a "parasite" (sic) for scammers. It's no worse than any other, and far better than most.

I wish you success in getting your money back.

Your chance of recovering your money is near zero. AH gave you all the advice on how to safely buy that you didn’t follow. The seller was also not on list of AH references of legitimate buyers/sellers.

Posting a Want to Buy ad attracts the scammers like a shark to blood. It's sad but some just have to learn the hard way, losing money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malfowle

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.