Replica Lion Skull

Hillcountry63

AH enthusiast
Joined
Apr 12, 2022
Messages
282
Reaction score
691
Location
Georgia
Media
23
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, DSC, TTHA, NRA
Hunted
Spain, Mexico, Austria, South Africa
Well after getting the runaround for the past two years from a SA Taxidermist who was supposed to do a replica lion skull for me, I have decided to punt. Who here has had a good experience with a source domestically here in the States for one? Just looking for a realistic euro. Most of the cast ones that I've seen advertised online leave a lot to be desired in the appearance. Thanks, Chuck
Lion.jpg
 
You could check with Skullies, I don’t know if they have USA stock of the life sized replicas skulls but they might. Other wise it would just need to be shipped from SA.

I could be wrong but I thought I saw they do life size replicas skulls.
 
Sorry to hear that. Mine was done in South Africa and was done in 5 months.

Kanati does great replicas. They are currently doing a pair of elephant tusks for me.
 
Hi Chuck, we met in the camp at Ka Maoto while both there. Sounds like you are having issues with Tragelaphus Taxidermy as well?
 
Kenati is high quality. Their reproductions are all based off your measurements.. If you don't have any, contact them and talk. They have a wonderful reputation.
 
Hi Chuck, we met in the camp at Ka Maoto while both there. Sounds like you are having issues with Tragelaphus Taxidermy as well?
Not only me, but the other four hunters with me and a couple from other hunts are in the same boat.
 
Not only me, but the other four hunters with me and a couple from other hunts are in the same boat.
When y’all get a chance please elaborate so others don’t fall in line. But I might wait until your troubles are resolved.
 
Skulls Unlimited!
 
When y’all get a chance please elaborate so others don’t fall in line. But I might wait until your troubles are resolved.
That’s why I didn’t elaborate more at this point. As the situation finishes playing out I will give an after action report.
 
Sorry to hear this. Mine was done in South Africa by taxidermist that has been doing all
my dip and pack. Looks great.
 

Attachments

  • 74188462538__CEBFEEAA-3F26-444E-A009-A7DEEE7198FD.jpeg
    74188462538__CEBFEEAA-3F26-444E-A009-A7DEEE7198FD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 74188463512__6B46FB18-1673-46BD-8D79-50E040FF24F7.jpeg
    74188463512__6B46FB18-1673-46BD-8D79-50E040FF24F7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 85
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience man! I used splitting image for a replica last year and it looks great. Having said that, the first one they sent me was fractured in 9 places due to some issue with the 3D printing, not the packing.
 
@Hillcountry63 , did you ever make a decision on your lion skull? Just curious.
Miraculously I have received a message from the exporter advising that my replica lion skull and claws have been delivered to their office this week.... curious. Shipment is in the process of leaving and should arrive soon. I will wait to submit final report until it's arrival and inspection.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,582
Members
169,588
Latest member
mijefpowin1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top