Remington of 30-06 Accelerator PSP 55 of gr.?

kristian55

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
crossbownation
Question:Remington of 30-06 Accelerator PSP 55 of gr.?
I never used this cartridge . Who will prompt his real tasks and possibilities ?
Is distance, ballistic coefficient, destructive power and destiny which ?
Is it visible it is in a greater degree intended for VARMINT?
Thank you for an answer .

It was a varmint round only..It worked well enough in most rifles that I shot it in....but being a handloader I would much prefer to just load up some 110 gr. sierras or something on that order..I always saw them as a gimmick sorta like the only difference in men and boys is the cost of the mens toys. :):)

It was a varmint round only..It worked well enough in most rifles that I shot it in....but being a handloader I would much prefer to just load up some 110 gr. sierras or something on that order..I always saw them as a gimmick sorta like the only difference in men and boys is the cost of the mens toys. :):)

Unique question which I set itself acquiring the
cartridges of Remington Core-lokt PSP 180 grain and 220 grain, -cost of unit of such cartridge for us $1.66,- why, why cartridges of Remington of 30-06 Accelerator PSP 55 of gr. does stand at our market $2.45 for unit?

...I agree Ray the 110 gr bullet is a much better round. I bought 250 of those 55 gr accelerators years ago. The velocity was great - 3873 fps but they made the barrel hotter than hell & the accuracy was never near as well as my 22/250, at about 1 1/4" at 100 yds! It also was no pleasure cleaning as I had lots of copper fouling to deal with!! Something I never had with any other bullet in this gun.
...If I was going to go prairie dog hunting & needed an extra rifle to cool down the barrel I would maybe load a few up again. Otherwise I decided long ago to use the 30/06 for what it is intended & use a varmint rifle for what it intended for!!

I tried them as well and my experience was similar to Calhoun's.

I'll use my .22-250 if I want to shoot a light, fast bullet.

- browningbbr

Thank you.

Thank you boys for an answer.
I think that even bullet weighing in a 150 grain very well will walk up for varmint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,