Remington 700 Build

7MAG

AH enthusiast
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
270
Reaction score
315
Location
United States
Media
18
As some of you may know I was having a lot of issues with my 7mm mag. I was debating switching rifles and calibers rather than face the issues. Well, last week I pulled the trigger on a new barrel and a bunch of parts. I had a gentleman in South Dakota make me a new 24" barrel and it will be arriving tomorrow! I am having the bolt shipped out to Idaho for a bunch of custom work. Besides the trigger the only two things that were factory are the barrel and bolt. I will be posting before and after pictures and updates in the coming months. If all goes well should be ready to hunt Texas whitetail come November!
 
Should be a nice project
 
Barrel arrived today. 24” 1-9 twist. Shipping the action and bolt out tomorrow for some work.

58D267A4-38FD-4160-8F9F-4205D2579F77.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. What trigger are you using?
 
Lots of shooters have placed well with Remage barrels in various competitions. Decent little system for sure.
 
Specs:
Remington 700 action

Custom 24” 1-9 twist stainless barrel

aluminum bedded stock w/ reducer

atlas bipod rail

harris picatinny bipod

Wally’s internal magazine

cerakoted bolt w/ upgraded ejector

timney hunter elite straight trigger

bottom metal will be PTG or Hawkins

I’m shooting Barnes TSX 160
 
May need to do some inletting or swap recoil lugs but no big deal this far

D54723F3-F33D-48AD-866B-19263965E6ED.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What is savage looking barrel nut?
 
Bedded the rail last night and prepped the stock for glass bedding

CFC4E5BA-67A3-4E77-A22B-6471765E65D2.jpeg
0CF29E1C-9230-43EF-83DE-84B31E5E60CC.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,572
Members
169,586
Latest member
MichaelaTo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top