Remington 700 375 h&h replacement stock question

JG458

AH senior member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Remington 700 safari in 375 h&h. It’s basically perfect and I was looking to replace the stock to preserve the factory stock plus get a nice recoil pad. The factory stock recoil pad is pretty hard. My question is will a replacement stock for a Remington 700 long action fit this rifle? I’m not sure if the magnum action is any longer than a long action or what the differences are between the long action and magnum action.
Thanks in advance!
057D490C-58C3-48DE-82DB-417C6F458D41.jpeg
ABBA6D14-186D-4A8C-93B6-77CDC6979B01.jpeg

The action is the same as any long action. But it looks to me like your barrel is heavier then a normal magnum contour. I have a 375 H&H that was a classic and that had a standard magnum contour as a 7mm or 300, but yours seems heavier so may have to open the barrel channel.

Yes, the barrel is pretty heavy. Definitely heavier than my .338 win mag barrel. Almost like a ruger no1 tropical barrel. If it’s the same long action, idea if the recoil lug is the same? Thanks for the info.

Idk, if you like the weight of the rifle I recommend using the wood stock. Sitting in the basement corner for 20 years does it no justice. Slap on a good slip on pad and go have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.