Reminder About Paying/Settling Final Bill with USD Cash in Namibia

I misunderstood. Glad we agree.
it's just boring, living this long, dealing with so much BS (added knowledge) lol, to not speak in metaphors or at least, in sarcasm...not an issue at all. Cash WAS King. Now, ehh. One last question: Do PHs accept Dogecoin??

Thanks all for chiming in. Yes, this has been being implemented for several years. When in started in Namibia, the banks would accept a few of them per transaction but kind of give you the "stink eye" while doing so. The following year they wouldn't take any.

Namibia has another hurdle for the locals doing foreign currency exchange - they can't. So don't be surprised if when your PH collects you up he may ask you to exchange some foreign currency from a previous hunt(s). He's on the up and up about it all.

As far as traveler's checks, bank checks and even certified bank checks go - in Namibia they stopped accepting those maybe 10-years or so ago. Too many forgeries.

My purpose in posting this was just a gentle reminder to all the old heads and the first timers as well to help make sure their trip(s) go as smoothly as possible. I've been stranded a couple of times in foreign countries when my credit card has been locked for suspected fraud. It's not a fun feeling and a royal PIA. Not only while trying to continue traveling but, getting home and having to have a new CC issued and resetting up any automatic transactions associated with the previous card.

Getting a bit side tracked on this cash train - another reminder is to make sure you notify your CC provider you're going to be out of the US (home country) and traveling to or thru country X, Y, Z. and make sure they put in your account notes to please not turn your CC off while you're traveling.
@M McDindi
Fortunately I never had that problem. Before I left Oz I had all the cash I needed converted to Namibia dollars and travelled with a travel cash card like a master card that I could use anywhere.
Is it a pain in the arse carrying 100,000 Namibian dollars (10,000 AUD) YES, but it made life a lot easier in county and for the PH to pay his staff. Was it worth the hassle deffinatly. It's just the way I decided to do things others D o it there way which is fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hans084

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek