Red stag SCI vs CIC

And people complain when size on elephant or buffalo or kudu goes up depending on measurement or weight......675 EUR for 1 point above 230 CIC....I quess the quide or ph has a real sharp eye. ....
So the unfortuante winner of the 261 deerpaid a 20925EUR premium over and above all the rest...WOW..it is great to be a African....

There have been mistakes in judgement of trophy by guide. Sometiems resolved by gentlemens agreement, sometimes the hunter in bitter mood, goes home without trophy.
In ths system, not everyone can afford a deer hunt, and someitmes the hunting lodges are full of good trophy deer, that nobody wanted to pay, and on the end of season had to be shot, by local staff to maintain the quata. Shot for free, of course.
So defintely it is not bestseller, and to me indication that pricing is not optimized, for the ... "market"

This system is not good, it makes hunting too expensive, and only for wealthy.
There is also another system,. where local hunter is member of hunting club. pays the membership, participate in all managment activities, and based on working hours gets the tag or permit to hunt. For small or no fee at all.
In this system, the problm is too much club members on number of deer For examp,e 120 hunters get 7 deer tags.
So many hunters in their lifetime never shot a deer.

For me the african system is best. Speaking of south africa and namibia, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you