Red dot for .375

Safari Grade .375s Winchester Model 70 Custom Shop or similar don’t have factory red dot milling. They’re built for traditional glass, so you’ll need a low profile side mount Warne or Leupold to keep the original barrel bands and side rail clean.

For the dot itself, a Holosun 503 or 510C 1-5x or 1x is the sweet spot big enough to see in daylight for your shots, tiny enough for the heavy recoil, and cheap enough to swap. Same 50 yard zero you’d use on any dangerous game rifle. Go for it.
 
Consider a Bradley Cheek Rest.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
The 375 H&H is famously one of the most flexible rounds made, in my opinion you should forgo the Red Dot for something equally flexible; and on that rifle also traditional. There are a few options that cover that but my choice was a Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 Firedot. On the low power end it is a true 1-power, turn on the firedot and it becomes what is essentially a Red Dot. On the other end it is a 6x which is plenty. If looks matter, it doesn't have an objective lens "bell" so it looks like it belongs on a rifle such as yours.

@Rafiki I am very much considering putting that same optic on my .404J being built on a BRNO 602 and was curious about being able to use the firedot as you describe.

As for the question at hand, I love the 1moa RMR on my .470ne and it’s been through 200+ rounds now and still dead on.

On my .375H&H I went with suggestions from others and put a VX5HD 2-10x44 with firedot and love it so much I deer & pig hunted with it all last year.
 
Last edited:
@Rafiki I am very much considering putting that same optic on my .404J being built on a BRNO 602 and was curious about being able to use the firedot as you describe.

As for the question at hand, I love the 1moa RMR on my .470ne and it’s been through 200+ rounds now and still dead on.

On my .375H&H I went with suggestions from others and put a VX5HD 2-10x44 with firedot and love it so much I deer & pig hunted with it all last year.
All I can say is that a "true:" Red Dot does not have any magnification at all and either does the Leupold VX-6 HD. I have an AI point H30 on my 500 and it is quite similar.
 
I have RMR HD and a Holosun, like them both and dont see any difference in sighting, loosing zero Et al.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,404
Members
170,577
Latest member
TajLing141
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top