Recovered 375 A-Frames

Vintageguy

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
539
Reaction score
2,097
Media
16
Hunting reports
Africa
2
These are 2 recovered A-Frames.
The one on the left from a Zebra 298grains.
The one on the right a Buffalo, a bang flop 292grains.
I’m a Swift A-Frame fan after the performance they gave me. The jacket thickness is perfect and seems to expand appropriately for the amount of resistance it encounters.

808B0ADE-C00B-45F3-BCB7-1FA13FAE7891.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I believe the good lord himself loves the Swift A-Frame!
 
My PH while on Safari (Marius w/KMG Hunting Safaris) swears by them. His favorite softs... without question. I've used them for years in several calibers. I have a 500 Nitro Express, Ruger #1 and a 570gr A-Frame is serious medicine!

Thanks for sharing your recovered bullets. What is the bullet performance page?
 
My PH while on Safari (Marius w/KMG Hunting Safaris) swears by them. His favorite softs... without question. I've used them for years in several calibers. I have a 500 Nitro Express, Ruger #1 and a 570gr A-Frame is serious medicine!

Thanks for sharing your recovered bullets. What is the bullet performance page?
 
Anyone have any experience with the scirocco?
 
No, but the solids are a ballistic match and perform very well.
 
Any idea who (business) may have A-Frames?
 
That is why we recommend them.....
 
Any idea who (business) may have A-Frames?

Have you checked their website? The last time they had quite a few depending on the caliber and weight you want. Otherwise midway has some in stock too depending on caliber.
 
I have not checked their web site, and I’m looking for 375 cal bullets. Thanks
 
A Swift 300g A-Frame from Factory 375 H&H ammo (Rem Premier Safari Grade) from a brown bear hit at 13 yards. Penetrated him diagonally, still weighs 299.5 grains. They are great bullets!

5NwQ1PZ.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1633814998970.png

All shots were at 100 yards or more and recovered after traveling through at least one of the two shoulder of each animal.
 
Any idea who (business) may have A-Frames?
Precision Reloading in Mitchell, SD 1-800-223-0900 very good people to do business with
 
Anyone have any experience with the scirocco?
Yes, I’ve shot quite a few animals with them. The first ones were absolute shit! Only because it was Swift and the 2nd version was given to me did I try them. They perform well and are very accurate. My go to bullet in 300 RUM. You will get no where the weight retention of an A-Frame of course but from my experience they hold together well and they are killers!
 
These are 2 recovered A-Frames.
The one on the left from a Zebra 298grains.
The one on the right a Buffalo, a bang flop 292grains.
I’m a Swift A-Frame fan after the performance they gave me. The jacket thickness is perfect and seems to expand appropriately for the amount of resistance it encounters.

View attachment 429363

It would be useful to know caliber, muzzle velocity, and approximate distance to the target.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,570,997
Members
169,214
Latest member
GiselleTro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top